Advantage Tech is looking for a Software Architect for our Kansas City, MO client.
The Software Architect plans, coordinates, architects, and supervises activities related to the development and integration of software programs, applications, and third-party solutions as required to meet the business requirements of the organization. The Architect also develops and maintains an application architecture blueprint for the organization.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Define all aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards
- Collaborate with other professionals to determine functional and non-functional requirements for new software or applications
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers
- Develop high-level product specifications with attention to system integration and feasibility
- Communicate successfully all concepts and guidelines to development team
- Oversee progress of development team to ensure consistency with initial design
- Communicates clearly in both writing and verbally specific logic involved in assigned tasks
- Ensure software meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility etc.
Minimum Education & Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 years of additional relevant experience in lieu of degree
- 4 years of professional software architecture or enterprise software development experience
- Experience developing enterprise and solution level architectural designs
- Experience overseeing the linking of cross-functional applications between disparate business units and systems
- Experience with business and technical requirements analysis, business process modeling/mapping, methodology development, and data mapping
- Technically fluent in programming languages, .Net, AngularJS, 3js, Python, Unity, PHP, or HTML 5. Strong background in risk management methodologies as they relate to integration/software engineering.
- Strong understanding of end-user needs and requirements
- 3 years of direct experience in an agile environment
Preferred Education & Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 8+ years of professional software architecture or enterprise software development experience
- SCRUM or other certifications commiserate with job requirements
Technical Skills & Competencies
- Proven oral and written communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of integration best practices
- Customer focus
- Action oriented
- Career ambition
- Learning on the fly
- Time management
- Technical learning
- Functional and technical skills
Advantage Tech is proud to be recognized as Kansas City Business Journal’s #1 locally owned IT staffing firm. We are passionate about delivering world-class service and value to our consultants and clients.
Please visit www.advantagetech.net to learn more about our culture, benefits and career opportunities.