This individual will be part of Business Intelligence, Analytics, & Data Integration team responsible for advancing business capabilities in the area of information management. The primary responsibility of this role is to provide Business Objects (BO) development and support, with some potential to engage in Tableau development and support. Projects will range in duration and complexity, and will require direct consultation with multiple customers, data engineers, and system administrators.
- Work with business lines to develop, enhance and maintain BO universes and reports in accordance with requirements.
- Participate in and potentially coordinate testing activities related to upgrades, migrations, and business resumption testing.
- Create statements of work and level of effort estimates for new projects.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously of varying size and complexity.
- Troubleshoot report failures and production issues, escalating to system administrators when appropriate.
- At least two years experience with SAP Business Objects preferred (version 4.x).
- Knowledgeable of data modeling principles and how those are applied in BO universe development.
- Moderate skill with query languages such as SQL required.
- Some experience with Tableau Server and Tableau Desktop preferred.
- Strong multi-tasking, customer service, and communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts to end-users via formal presentations and informal coaching/consultation.
- Strong organization and time management skills required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with specialization in a related STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) or closely comparable degree or an equivalent combination of related education and/or work experience.
- May require some weekend or evening hours.