Advantage Tech is looking for a software developer for our Olathe KS Client. If you are someone that loves learning new technologies and wants to have a broad range of knowledge then this is a great opportunity for you.
Our Client's IT department has been successfully developing applications to support our business using various technologies like Python, C#, VB .NET, SQL, Oracle, Angular, etc. We are now venturing into API development that will support all the other applications and are looking for an experienced developer who could bring in the expertise to design and build APIs.
The position is responsible for designing a new API framework and embellish it with reusable libraries that make sense in the context. Research new technologies and provide solutions for various aspects like telemetry, adoption etc.
The individual must follow security standards and must have a strong technical foundation as well as a full understanding of common coding standards, configuration management, and full life cycle systems development. The individual must able to work effectively with other developers and non-technical staff from other business units. The Individual should be a fast learner of new technologies, be a creative thinker, share skills and information with the team and also mentor junior level developers.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Program and test enhancements to Company developed and supported applications.
- Perform routine maintenance to TCompany developed and supported applications.
- Conduct analysis of current applications to help provide solutions for necessary enhancements and maintenance.
- Create and/or update documentation that benefits end-users (e.g. how-to manuals) and/or other IT personnel (e.g. program documentation and IT processes).
- Design and develop applications that utilize Software Development Life Process (SDLC).
- Serve as a technical resource for other programmers.
- Develop new applications.
- Conduct research of new technologies.
- Conduct research to answer technical questions that arise.
- Develop specifications for project work if necessary.
- Develop project estimates.
- Recommend solutions.
- Utilize appropriate project management techniques to ensure that projects are performed within budget and on time.
- Respond quickly to application errors.
- Maintain a high and increasing level of proficiency in software and other technologies supported by the IT Dept.
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Maintain quality standards on all projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 6 years’ experience. Or, in lieu of a degree, a minimum of 10 years’ experience.
- At least six years’ experience developing Microsoft or Oracle applications.
- Possess skills in three or more of the following:
- ?Microsoft ASP.NET
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft T-SQL
- Microsoft Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server
- Windows Presentation Foundation
- Microsoft VB.NET
- Oracle Developer Suite (Forms and Reports)
- Oracle E-Business Suite
- Oracle PL/SQL
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
Advantage Tech is proud to be recognized as Kansas City Business Journal’s #1 locally owned IT staffing firm. We are passionate about delivering world-class service and value to our clients. Advantage Tech’s customized recruiting model enables us to place consultants locally and nationally. Our clients want the best candidate at the most reasonable rate within a set timeframe; that’s precisely what we provide them. We go even further. Our consultant retention program gives our clients the added comfort our people will perform well and finish the project.
Please visit advantagetech.net to learn more about our culture, benefits and career opportunities