Advantage Tech is seeking an enthusiastic SDET Architect, who is passionate about quality and automation. The architect will be responsible for delivering the complete automation test infrastructure/tools for Mary Kay Automation use, while adhering to the best automation practices/principles. They will work with teams of developers, testers and application architects to implement consistent approaches to automated testing. They will also help provide coaching and mentoring of the QA automation engineers on standards and best practices of automation.
In addition, they will be responsible for leading the design and implementation of improvements of our automated testing framework, tooling, and pipelines, with the goal of improving testing adoption and quality of the platform firmwide. Thinking of new ways to implement features that find issues and problems in product designs. Understanding the full stack of Sales Force Clouds and components in order to implement appropriate automation and validation. Design the new components and features that keep the test framework in a state of constant improvement.
- Evangelize the concept of industry standard automation pyramid and is responsible to develop and deliver automation roadmap to drive transformation of client quality and testing organization.
- This person will be working with internal clients and must exhibit thought leadership, be a transformation agent, be technically savvy and can establish themselves as trusted advisors that understand broader IT enterprise architecture.
- Perform assessments (POCs), develop solutions and proposals to lead the automation development strategy and implementation into new technologies that would help maximize quality in our products.
- Perform assessments, develop solutions and drive forward innovation to lead the automation infrastructure strategy making sure that the automation’s goals are met. Research on current industry-wide quality & test processes, tools and technologies. Function as a subject matter expert; architect; develop automation infrastructure that can span our development delivery models.
- Provide leadership, guidance, training to implement test automation across project teams automation tools. Evaluate and select best usage of test automation tools for different purposes and provide mentoring to other QA automation engineers on what, why, and who as it relates to the capabilities and features of the automation framework, and recommending the best automated testing processes.
- Work with cross-functional teams (Architects, Developers, QA, Devops) in test automation activities across the organization. Communicate, coordinate, align, and present automation strategy with the Program Architects and engineering team members, and make recommendations to improve reliability, performance, best practices and processes.
- Work across business lines/applications to understand and meet the automated testing needs and ROI for business partners and customers. Develop prototypes and reference architectures to be leveraged by application teams.
- Provide guidance and coaching to team on how to best organize automated tests to flow in CI/CD workflow to be efficient with their execution.
- Revamp / rewire the existing automation infrastructure to deliver a stable and scalable automation architecture for API/UI/Mobile needs.
- Actively contribute in code and design walkthroughs of automated testing implementations across the division. Develop scripts that perform well and can run in parallel for faster delivery.
- Work with teams and leadership to develop meaningful test metrics around automated testing.
- Drive towards a high pass-rate of automated tests execution laying out a path of reliability and consistency in results.
- Organize, Administer QA Testing tools for manual and automation tests.
- Document process for testing tool utilization and automation framework usage.
- Continuously evaluate technical testing complexities and discuss the mitigations as early as possible with the team members and managers.
- Work and collaborate with QA leads, SI Vendors, CoE teams to ensure their need for automation is met for every story; as automation must be part of the story/sprint deliverable.
- Develop complex regression plans that can be used to deliver fixes, features as quickly as it could be – less than a day to less than hour and minutes.
- Work closely with the Product Design & client facing teams to gather and verify requirements for test scenarios that match customer use cases. Able to develop complex manual and automation testing strategies for every story, and write, execute manual, automated test cases from requirements.
- Must collaborate and communicate technical details effectively with DevOps, Developers, BAs, Product Owners to get accurate technical and business requirements for every story. Responsible to review written test cases with developers and BAs at the development phase of the story.
- Responsible to write, validate API test cases and to ensure all API integration tests are automated during development phase working with developers along with making sure they are running during CI/CD. Develop UI automation tests using existing framework or update framework to support new methods, actions and/or make framework enhancements to help the team.
- Should coordinate with Offshore automation engineers and onsite scrum lead(s) to ensure all test cases are automated for UI, API where and when needed as part of the sprint.
- Responsible to develop end to end test cases working together with SI Vendors, CoE teams and internal teams to ensure those test cases are automated and are part of CD.
- 10+ years’ experience in software testing or related field developing test cases and test plans.
- 5+ years’ experience development in enterprise-level applications, architecting test automation frameworks for enterprise-level applications.
- Excellent skills on Designing and writing test automation scripts. Familiar and hands on with QA testing and automation tools and must adopt QA processes. Responsible to create, manage and maintain test projects and test suites in the testing tools.
- Experience in defining, navigating through Unit Tests and expanding Automation on top of it without dependencies.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills should be able to dive deep and provide root cause for the bugs.
- Sound in investigating and analyzing issues and clearly able to distinguish the problems as applications and automation script failure.
- Hands on experience in CI/CD implementation with tools such as Jenkin, Azure Devops and other similar technologies.
- Excellent communicator and thought leader in test architecture/process design. Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal) and strong ability to work with internal and external constituents at all levels of the organization.
- Strong Agile experience to deliver automation alongside of development and as part of DoD during the feature development.
- Strong cross-functional collaboration experience with stakeholders – understanding their needs and building solutions that solve their problems.
- Experience mentoring fellow software engineers.
- Ability to make the important trade-offs between perfection and complexity
- Proven track record of successfully implementing and deploying automation frameworks across UI, API and mobile platforms.
- Experience in test frameworks and tools like Junit, TestNG, Appium, JMeter, Postman, Selenium C#.
- Good exposure to Confluence (Collaboration/Documentation tool), JIRA.
- Experience with SOAP or RESTFul web services.
- Strong ability to write meaningful, complex documents such as software development specifications, network and other architectural diagrams and architecture proposals.
Highly Preferred Skills:
- Experience or Exposure highly Preferred in: SFDC, JIRA, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Test Case Management Tools (like qTest, MTM), Azure Devops, C#
- Experience leading onshore/offshore teams
Education: BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, related IT field or equivalent combination of experience and education