Advantage Tech is assisting a client in finding a Software Engineer to join their team.
This individual, at an advanced level of proficiency, applies technical and team leadership skills in working with development staff to develop, maintain, and support the the client's software application systems and related tools. The position will identify, make recommendations and implement process improvements and will provide guidance and mentoring to other team members in development methods and best practices.
- Plays a leadership role in the analysis, design, development, documentation, implementation and maintenance support of applications for all areas of the Bank through the project life-cycle and across single or multiple systems.
- Investigates and trains other staff on identification of program errors, definition of problems, debugging, unit testing and implementation of changes.
- Provides training, assistance, and guidance for maintenance support of existing Bank applications and related package products as directed.
- Actively participates in process improvement initiatives. At times, may be responsible to lead process improvement initiatives.
- Report on task progress.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Independently or with minimal direction, work closely with clients to resolve complex production problems on assigned Bank applications across multiple hardware platforms, software packages, and programming languages.
- Proficient in primary development language and Integrated Development Environment at the Bank.
- Possess the ability to develop complex systems and algorithms.
- Display the ability to perform moderate to advanced SQL querying.
- Display the ability to write applications utilizing relational databases with little to no assistance.
- Write/Troubleshoot/Invoke/Use stored procedures.
- Modify existing applications resulting in solutions to existing issues or enhancements to meet future needs of the business.
- Possess a thorough understanding of how applications and security are configured.
- Display the ability to setup, troubleshoot and utilize test environments.
- Display proficiency with regard to merging code to source control, packaging deployments, and coordinating installations.
- Assist other developers as needed.
- Proficient in the design of database models.
- Continuously expand skill set by learning new languages and techniques. Share knowledge and experience with other members of the IT staff.
- Willingness to adapt to changing business and technical environments.
- Report task progress on a regular basis in an agreed upon acceptable format.
- Flexibility and ability to balance multiple tasks, priorities and deadlines.
- Accessible via cell phone during core bank hours, as well as after-hours, as needed, to provide support for normal business operations.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, ability to problem solve, memory for details, ability to prioritize, and ability to maintain concentrated mental and visual attention for sustained periods.
- Demonstrates a commitment to diversity and inclusion (D&I) by taking actions that are consistent with the client's D&I program. Provides reporting to the Office of Minority and Women Inclusion (OMWI), as needed, as well as partners with OMWI to implement effective policies and procedures that incorporate D&I into business activities.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Advanced level of competency with at least seven years of similar or related experience.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or its equivalent. Graduate degree or professional certification is preferred.
Interpersonal Skills: A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or can be of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary.
- Minimum of two years of advanced software development experience.
- Advanced understanding of some combination of database design, programming concepts, and web development is required.
- Ability to think orderly, logically and analytically and strong problem solving skills.
- Resourcefulness and creativity when researching new products and techniques.
- Must be able to work and travel independently and use general office equipment.
- Must be goal-oriented and have a strong sense of team solidarity.
- Functional understanding of the technologies utilized by the client.
- Experience with Agile development methods is a plus.
- Experience with business process workflows, specifically K2 (SharePoint), is preferred.