Advantage Tech is searching for a Software Engineer to join their client based in Kansas City, Mo.
The Software Engineer develops systems and tools designed to improve company processes, applications, and data management. The Software Engineer works in a team fashion with other developers to assist in establishing coding, user interface, and data standards. The position requires constant self-teaching; adaptability to various tools and project management processes; and an innovative approach to solving problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reports directly to the Director/VP of Information Technology
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn the business domain and use the knowledge to enhance and optimize in-house applications.
- Work with users to determine requirements, process flow; create estimates, project tasks.
- Design and develop high quality, stable custom solutions to optimize operations or processes as approved by management.
- Support, debug, and troubleshoot all existing applications in the product portfolio.
- Develop and deploy integrations with 3rd party software, services, or customer systems.
- Work with the Sr. Software Engineer to ensure applications meet department standards.
- Create documentation for solutions; cross-train software engineers in new applications.
- Assist in developing and adhering to Ux standards for all applications.
- Ensure application security, data handling at rest and in transit meet or exceed required security standards set by the IT department leadership.
- Accurately track work hours in approved project management/timekeeping software as assigned by IT leadership beyond standard corporate time tracking.
- May provide training directly to users as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 2-3 years’ experience building applications within the Microsoft suite of programming languages and tools, most critical skills include but not limited to Visual Basic.NET, C#, and the .NET framework. Other languages within the .NET tool suite are a plus.
- Skilled in developing and supporting systems using Microsoft Access and VBA
- Familiarity of database design and concepts using Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with web services such as APIs, SSO, XML, JSON, SOAP
- Working knowledge of version control/code repository technologies
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent customer service attitude and willingness to go beyond
- Passion for continual self-improvement and willing to push your own abilities
- Exceptional ability to communicate with all levels of organization, customers and suppliers
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and to influence others to accomplish complex tasks and solve complex technical problems
- Ability and willingness to drive change and challenge / improve existing processes