Kansas City, MO, US
As a key member of the Development team, the Software Engineer leverages extensive solutions-oriented implementation experience and comprehensive understanding of SaaS-based architecture to design and deliver the next generation of our service offerings. Software Engineers are responsible for the engineering of applications with initiatives to build highly scalable and reliable infrastructure.
Duties & Responsibilities Include:
• Designs and implements a new generation of high performance/high availability backend infrastructure primarily based on Microsoft’s .NET stack.
• Investigates and recommends alternative and complimentary database technologies to expand the functionality and performance of our solutions.
• Leads the design, development, and testing of features/functions delivered via platform components and/or services that are highly scalable, available and reliable.
• Maintains database performance by identifying and resolving production and application development problems.
• Quickly understands existing code and contributes in a way consistent with prior coding conventions.
• Works with product managers using agile methodologies to deliver high quality technologies on time.
• Provides expert application design guidance on solution system designs, redesigns for platform, performance and integration of new technical features and capabilities, etc.
Education & Training:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering (or equivalent work experience) required
• 2+ years of experience in designing and implementing highly scalable cloud-based solution architectures for SaaS solutions preferred
Knowledge & Experience:
• 2+ years' experience in designing and developing highly scalable cloud-based solution.
• 2+ years’ relevant experience that includes software development/solution engineering/technical consulting.
• Good understanding of Microsoft Stack required
• Good understanding of application architecture including REST required
• Good technical expertise with SQL, Data modeling preferred
• Experience with transitioning single-tenant applications to multi-tenant cloud applications preferred
Oral Communication Skills Written Communication Skills Interpersonal Skills
Self-motivated Computer Literacy Internet Savvy
Collaborative Microsoft .NET Analytic
Problem Solving Database Proficiency