Advantage Tech is seeking candidates for a software engineer opening. This position will be responsible for analyzing, designing, developing, implementing and supporting enterprise solutions for large payment system.
- Participates in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), including post implementation support and maintenance
- Analyzes, designs, codes and implements enterprise technology software solutions
- Analyzes business requirements and creates technical designs and specifications for independent implementation or for less experienced team members.
- Creates estimates and work breakdown structures on assigned development tasks.
- Works collaboratively with leads to incorporate development activities into master delivery schedule.
- Develops strong partnerships and relationships with team members, business customers and other key stakeholders
- Consults effectively with customers and business partners on defined assignments.
- Effectively communicates status and progress on assignments.
- Recognizes issues and risks in a timely fashion and effectively contributes to mitigating activities.
- At least six years of relevant and progressive application development experience directly related to the design and development of software solutions; to include four or more years of IBM InfoSphere DataStage development.-
- Demonstrated proficiency with IBM InfoSphere DataStage parallel extender development tool. –
- Experience with SQL; prefer experience with DB2
- Experience with Linux and shell script
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and learn new technologies –
- Foundational knowledge of industry standards and best practices surrounding all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle(SDLC).
- Demonstrated proficiency with agile software development principles-
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with specialization in an information technology field (e.g. Computer / Management Information Systems (MIS/CIS), Computer Science (CS), Electrical/Computer Engineering (EE/CE), or an equivalent combination of related education and work experience.-
- Effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills. –
- Explains technical information in terms easily understood by target audiences. –
- Expert Problem Solving and Business Acumen.-
- Prefer experience with IBM InfoSphere DataStage on MVS, TSO and MVS JCL
United States citizenship is required for this position.