Advantage Tech is looking for a Software Engineer II for their client based out of Blue Springs, Mo.
The Software Engineer II develops designs for products with a team. Depending on the project, they may be asked to lead the team. They will utilize design skills to perform tasks independently while consulting with more experienced members for challenging situations.
As a member of the group with valuable experience, it is expected that they will occasionally be called on by other members and departments for assistance in their field of expertise.
- Plan and develop software utilizing Visual Basic, C# and other languages for products including PC based and embedded systems applications.
- Follow existing design practices including version control, unit testing and design modeling.
- Perform experiments to determine necessary engineering parameters. Discuss, analyze, summarize and publish test results with appropriate personnel. Use test data and report to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications. Evaluate test results for possible application to development of other uses.
- Prepare or direct preparation of product or system layout and detailed drawings and schematics. Perform product, component and system design.
- Coordinate activities with appropriate approval agencies to ensure compliance of products with industry standards.
- Confer with other engineering personnel and prepares design modifications as required.
- Develop new methods and techniques for products requested by marketing.
- Solve difficult problems or issues during product development with assistance from other personnel.
- Interact with customers to understand product application and to provide solutions to their requirements and product problems.
- Assist or recommend procedures for the operation of new or existing processes with product development.
- Bachelor's Degree in electrical, computer or software engineering or computer science
- Five years of post-degree experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, background in writing applications that work with embedded electronic products.