Advantage Tech is searching for a Software Engineer II candidate to join their client out of Kansas City, Mo.
The Software Engineer 2 is a hands-on developer with knowledge of the full software development life cycle. This individual will participate in the design, development, testing, and support of applications and ensure successful delivery of business capabilities. This role also defines system governance, ensures adherence to programming best practices, addresses production issues in a timely manner, and writes system documentation. Our ideal candidate is an experienced developer who has the skills to design, configure, and develop custom solutions as part of an Agile development team building enterprise-grade software systems.
1. Works in a complex environment on multiple projects and initiatives with competing timelines to drive delivery of solutions that bring value to the business.
2. Gathers and analyzes requirements; designs, develops, tests, and maintains high-quality business solutions.
3. Manages and supports development and testing of software releases and upgrades. Provides ongoing direction and support of the platforms, including architecture, development, best practices, efficient design, etc.
4. Creates and maintains documentation for platform governance, architecture, and coding standards.
5. Promotes technical solutions from development, through testing, to production environments following established processes.
6. Participates in Agile ceremonies, such as daily stand-ups, iteration planning, demos, retrospectives, program increment planning, etc.
7. Performs peer reviews to ensure adherence to standards and best practices.
8. Works closely with business and IT stakeholders to facilitate requirements and the design of technical solutions; communicates status and technical issues. Integrates activities with other IT teams for successful implementation of solutions.
9. Builds prototypes, performs demos to the business, and promotes platform capabilities.
10. Develops and trains other developers and system administrators.
Identifies and researches new capabilities, functionality, and solutions for business stakeholders. Promotes existing and new platform capabilities to increase the level of awareness of value across the company.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
3. Experience developing custom workflows, creating plug-ins, and migrating/integrating data via SSIS, web services (SOAP/REST), and APIs.
4. Experience with Microsoft SQL Server, SQL, data analysis, SSRS, building database queries and stored procedures, and database optimization techniques.
5. Solid understanding of development processes and the full software development lifecycle; strong knowledge of Agile methodologies.
6. Demonstrated process orientation, planning, organizational, and problem-solving skills with the ability to design effective business solutions.
Experience generating and documenting requirements and/or user stories and documenting work/code with process workflows, architecture diagrams, and design documents.
1. Knowledge of marketing and contact center technologies.
2. Experience with KingswaySoft SSIS integration.
3. Experience with Azure, Common Data Services, Power BI, Power Apps, Flow, and other components of the Power Platform.Submit Resume