Advantage Tech is searching for a Sr. Software Engineer to join their client's team in Kansas City, Mo.
The Software Engineer must demonstrate an aptitude for team communication and cooperation. Key responsibilities include innovative development solutions, design, and best practices applied to user-focused sustainable software solutions. As members of an Agile environment, individuals are also responsible for upholding core principles, practices, and values, including continuous delivery, continuous improvement, self-organization, adaptive planning, value driven development, LEAN, SCRUM, and KANBAN. Core values include a growth-mindset, team-orientation, able to get along with others, and an ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Collaborate closely with all the other members of the team to take shared responsibility for the overall efforts that the team has committed to.
- Interact with users as necessary to clarify requirements and take ownership for the quality of software.
- Break larger projects into smaller ones that can be delivered iteratively, using an agile mindset.
- Problem solve, understand, and analyze complex issues and propose workable solutions.
- Prioritize work based on benefit and project timelines.
- Work with existing toolsets while simultaneously bringing new ideas and approaches into the team.
- Adhere to and respect working agreements with teams when working on projects.
- Support releases for production validation
- Support post-deployment fallouts on projects worked on and released to production.
- Minimal travel will be required for this position
To be considered an applicant for this position you must show how you meet the basic qualifications of the job in a resume or document you upload, or by completing the work experience and education application fields. Accepted file types are Microsoft Word (DOC or DOCX), PDF, HTML, or TXT.
- Background in enterprise web application programming
- MS-SQL/T-SQL required
- .NET (C#), extensive, proven work with ASP.NET and MVC required
- Experienced with Agile environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related degree, or equivalent work experience is preferred
- 6+ years of software development in a team environment is preferred
- 6+ years enterprise software development with Microsoft stack is preferred
- Team Lead experience with coordinating developers (desirable, but not required)
- Experience with front end UI design and usability design preferred
- Experience with Team Foundation Server and MS-Build preferred
- Experienced with React-based application
- Demonstrated ability to set and meet tight deadlines and function well under pressure
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Working knowledge of Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Work, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, etc.
- Experienced providing technical leadership and mentoring for development team
- MCSD or other Microsoft certifications (preferred)
- MVC: 5 years (Required)
- CSS: 5 years (Preferred)
- Agile: 5 years (Preferred)
- C#: 5 years (Required)
- ASP.Net: 5 years (Required)
- IIS Configuration Management: 5 years (Required)