Advantage Tech is currently helping a client look for a Software Test Engineer to join their Technology team. This role will fill a critical role within the organization’s software development life cycle. This position will be responsible for creating end-to-end test plans, executing the plans and managing all activities to ensure the solution works as expected and meets objectives. The Software Test Engineer will continuously strive to automate the testing process, and provide production support for custom solutions.
- Learn their applications inside and out and more importantly, understand their end users
- Serve as project team member throughout the software development life cycle
- Work alongside Software Engineers and Product Management throughout the software lifecycle to create a thorough and precise functional testing plan. Identify test requirements from specifications
- Evaluate and tests software applications for usability, functionality, and ability to provide result
- Develop, revise, and execute test cases with manual and automation tools
- Execute and evaluate manual or automated test cases and report test results.
- Drive towards detail and clarity
- Isolate, replicate, and report defects. Verify defect fixes as releases
- Formulate and maintains quality assurance documentation. Ensure release documentation is created and published in a timely fashion
- Provide support to the development team throughout the software development life cycle
- Escalation point for production support, acting as intermediary between the end user and the development team
- Follows all applicable laws and regulations.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Qualified candidates must have 4+ years of relevant quality assurance or software development experience
- Ability to understand and create test plans from specifications or verbal communications
- Ability to communicate clearly and precisely within the software development team and with external stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and be resourceful to find solutions
- Demonstrate work habits consistent with a detail-oriented mindset
- Ability to split time between multiple simultaneous projects
- Experience with automation tools (i.e. Selenium + Protractor)
- General understanding of service architecture