Advantage Tech is looking for a Solution Architect for API and Service Integrations for our Client in Lee's Summit.
Create and provide solutions within a variety of computing infrastructures and public and private Cloud computing technologies. Conduct evaluations of technology standards, tools, products, and solutions, make rational design decisions from business and technical perspectives, and communicate recommendations. Define guidelines and recommendations based on leading industry practices tailored to Company’s needs and infrastructure. Maintain responsibility for defining the technical strategy of a system, work closely with all stakeholders to vet technology decisions that support product capabilities now and for the future and guide it successfully through its execution.
The API & Service Integrations Architect is to advice, construct and implement the development standards and technical design for the organization’s API and Service Integration solutions. This role will be providing key oversight and direction for the overall architecture, design, and implementation to support end user API and Service Integrations needs. This includes responsibility for input on the design of API, API Management, API Catalog, Enterprise Based Services (SOA/Microservices), and API Implementation best practices and standards for both Producing APIs and Consuming APIs. The right candidate will have an eye for understanding the needs of the business and champion enterprise API and Services architecture and modeling that will support execution. This role will report directly to the Director – Middleware and will work closely with teams involved in Producing and Consuming APIs to ensure alignment across the organization towards API First and API Led Integration.
- Provides oversight, input, design, and implementation support for new solution development, including but not limited to new API Management platform, API Runtime Environment, enterprise service integrations / micro-services, messaging, Event-Driven and service-oriented architecture.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining the catalog of architectural diagrams used by the team.
- Acts as technical mentor for members of the Enterprise Integration Platform & Delivery team, providing input and feedback to others.
- Review Business Requirements Documentation, Technical Design Documentation and participate in peer review cycles with technical & non-technical counterparts.
- Support API Governance efforts, including guidance, stewardship, and frameworks for managing APIs across the organization and identify opportunities for API reuse, migration, or retirement.
- Evaluates existing applications and systems. Recommends improvements or modifications.
- Collaborates with Solution Architects, Business Analysts, Developers and Project Managers in the development and integration of APIs, Enterprise Service Integrations, and solutions within the purview of Digital Enablement, and across the organization.
- Establishes policies and procedures for API architecture and enterprise service integrations / Micro-services to be implemented by Enterprise Integration Delivery, including policies for standardizing consumption of APIs, Building APIs, and Enterprise Services used across the organization.
- Establishes and maintains documentation of programs, user guides, policies, and procedures, particularly in support of the acceptance of solutions as credible to non-technical users of information.
- Recommends training on new technologies to keep the development staff on the cutting edge.
- Encourage and support a self-service architecture to promote a trusted source of APIs and Enterprise Services, leading the enterprise in its goal to use API Led Integration, and API First Thinking to deliver on our Digital Enablement goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Services or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience in Technology Architecture and API driven design including hybrid and cloud environments, Service Architecture Patterns, Message & Event-Driven Architecture.
- Working experience with API architecture, including various data formats & protocols like JSON, SOAP, REST, XML, XSLT, HTTP, HTTPS, SFTP, FTP etc. Experience with Security frameworks (e.g., JWT, OAUTH2).
- In-depth knowledge of best practices around developing microservices architectures.
- Proven ability to work independently to coordinate and solve highly complex technical data transformation issues. Ability to effectively communicate with customers to clarify data format requirements and negotiate compromise.
- Requires effective communication and presentation skills. Demonstrates the ability to work and design for multiple projects.
- Maintains knowledge of current and upcoming technologies. Mentors developers, conducts code reviews and acts as a resource to others to resolve complex problems.
- Works under minimal supervision with wide latitude for independent judgment
Preferred Technology Skills: Information Systems or Systems Engineering
- Four – five years of experience in a technical consulting, solution architect, or systems engineering role which includes experience with building large-scale architecture solutions, including security concerns, high availability methods, multiple platforms, hardware considerations, network design, monitoring solutions, virtualization, performance, capacity planning, and information management practices.
- Requires experience in design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications (i.e. having an architectural sense for ensuring availability, reliability, etc.)
- Experience with building, delivering, and managing Cloud IaaS environments using IaaS platforms, such as AWS, Azure, Rackspace, or VMware.
- Experience with conducting proof-of-concept, developing prototyping, and building reference models.
- Excellent understanding of multi-tier architecture: web servers, caching, application server, load balancers and storage.
- Experience with route table, access control list, firewalls, NAT, HTTP, DNS, IP and OSI Network.
- Experience in DevOps including the design and automation of Infrastructure as a Service and Platform as a Service capabilities including virtual networks, virtual machines, cloud services, web services, data services and IoT services.
- Experience with data integration, relational databases, and SQL
- Ability to display a demonstrated track record in building and setting architecture strategies.
- Azure DevOps, .NET, C#, Java EE, Spring framework, Node.js, etc.
- Authentication & Authorization technologies
- Enterprise continuous integration and engineering principles (continuous testing)
- 3 years of demonstrated experience in the Healthcare industry, with preference for experience with Healthcare Payers.