Advantage Tech is looking for a Splunk Platform Engineer for our Kansas City Metro Client.
The Engineer’s role is to ensure the stable operations of the technology operational architectures. This includes monitoring, configuring, installing, administering, planning, developing, maintaining, and supporting the availability of the technology operations (may include systems, network, and telecommunications). This role is responsible for monitoring the internal service request ticket system and resolving or escalating request from the service desk as appropriate.
Engineer is a Self-starter, able to work with minimal direction from management. Understands need for lateral thinking and displays willingness to adapt to new ways of doing business.
• Provide enterprise applications, systems, network, and/or telecommunications support for daily operations; monitors and reviews systems for availability, error conditions, adequate space allocation, backup integrity, and performance to ensure system stability. Provides on-call infrastructure support during non-business hours.
• Participates in meetings to explain technical solutions and the feasibility of company operations to meet department needs for software and hardware. Works with Engineer peers and Leadership in finding cost-effective solutions to new and existing software and hardware needs.
• Monitors company Infrastructure with associated software or hardware, provides performance statistics, and reports as directed by Leadership. Recommends and implements appropriate actions to determine and resolve operational architecture issues, which may include systems, network, and telecommunications.
• Maintains knowledge of associated company management software, architectures, telecommunication products and services. Provides monitoring and reporting of technology operations as directed.
• Self-starting, able to work with minimal direction from management. Understands need for lateral thinking; Displays willingness to adapt to new ways of doing business.
• Improves existing team processes. Creates effective documentation used by others. Attention to detail. Digs in and makes progress on work. Stays focused and isn't distracted by irrelevant things.
• Requires a Bachelor's degree (120 credit hours) in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Telecommunications, or qualified technology certifications in network, systems, or other related certifications.
• Requires three years of experience in a systems and/or networking environment including VMware (virtualization), Citrix, Microsoft Windows servers, Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange email, backup and restore hardware and software, telecommunications and VOIP telephony supporting (or working in) call center environments, including voice services and gateways, installing and configuring desktops, servers, wireless networking, and an understanding of the security, integrity, and safety of company operational efficiencies plus other related products.
• Additional years of qualifying work experience may be considered in lieu of formal education.
• Requires effective verbal and written communication skills to consult with management, business partners, users and vendors.
• Requires effective organizational skills and the ability to manage frequent interruptions and multiple priorities.
• Requires the ability to relate well with coworkers and vendor representatives in order to enlist cooperation and provide guidance.
Core responsibility is to help advance the monitoring and data analytics capabilities of Company IT
· Leverage previous experience, share best practice and create solutions to push user adoption and maximize the value of Splunk
· Assist internal users of Splunk in designing and maintaining production-quality dashboards
· Collaborate across the organization to bring Splunk access to product and technical teams to get the right solution delivered and drive future innovation gathered from customer input
· Support Splunk on Unix, Linux and Windows-based platforms
· Troubleshoot Splunk server and agent problems and issues
· Create and enhance Splunk user documentation for the organization to include technical diagrams, workflows, and SOPs
· 1 year of Splunk experience, particularly SPL language
· 2+ years of experience with data analysis, logging solutions, system and network monitoring, and technical consulting
· Proficient in one or more of the following scripting languages: Bash, Perl, Python, PowerShell
· Proficiency in writing Regular Expressions to extract data in Splunk via search-time and index-time extraction
· Self-motivated and self-educating, able to function independently as needed.
· Well organized with a healthy sense of urgency, able to set; communicate; and meet aggressive deadlines with competing priorities
· Experience in Data Analytics and visualizations, particularly log analysis.
Advantage Tech is proud to be recognized as Kansas City Business Journal’s #1 locally owned IT staffing firm. We are passionate about delivering world-class service and value to our clients. Advantage Tech’s customized recruiting model enables us to place consultants locally and nationally. Our clients want the best candidate at the most reasonable rate within a set timeframe; that’s precisely what we provide them. We go even further. Our consultant retention program gives our clients the added comfort our people will perform well and finish the project.
Please visit advantagetech.net to learn more about our culture, benefits and career opportunities