We are seeking a senior- to advanced level Software Quality Assurance professional to develop, support and deliver testing strategies and solutions for a large-scale application modernization initiative. This role requires gathering and analyzing data including the review of systems requirements to write test plans and scripts, track and facilitate defect resolution, and apply analytical problem- solving skills by collaborating with business and technical staff throughout the development and testing process.
- Analyzes, designs, tests, and delivers technology solutions for business areas and implements executes comprehensive software quality assurance strategies.
- Establishes and fosters collaborative relationships with customers, service providers, and technical delivery partners.
- Develops test scenarios/user acceptance criteria by understanding business drivers to perform an analysis and review of requirement specifications and/or user stories.
- Develops, reviews, and executes test plans, test scripts, and test data to ensure application products and services meet business needs, quality standards, and end user/non-functional requirements (i.e., environments and user interfaces).
- Documents, tracks, and resolves software defects or issues in collaboration with the product delivery team.
- Ensures quality is built into the software solution throughout the software development lifecycle by performing peer reviews and leveraging relevant quality assurance processes and technologies.
- Develops and communicates software quality measures that report the reliability, compliance/accessibility (508), performance, and security of the software products and services developed.
- Works closely with delivery partners to understand and align software quality assurance services with product delivery approach and schedule.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Typically requires at least 6 years of relevant experience. Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, computer science/technology, business administration, or a closely related field from an accredited college or university, or equivalent combination of directly related education and/or experience. Broad, in-depth understanding and experience with the quality assurance and testing discipline. Performs most work independently with limited supervision and direction. Senior to advanced level understanding of subject. May consult with management or senior staff in decision making.
- Strong preference for candidates possessing testing skills and experience with agile, cloud-based delivery in close alignment with the application development team.
- Experience in the use of SQL to produce test data and/or validate test results
- Experience with Business-Driven Development (BDD)
- Demonstrate growth mindset and learning agility
- Excellent problem-solving skills, strong written and verbal communication, and ability to effectively balance constraints and priorities to ensure team commitments are met
- Strong interpersonal skills — seek to understand different perspectives; demonstrate openness and respect for diverse views, help build and maintain a healthy team dynamic
- Strong initiative and teamwork
- Knowledge and use of a programming or scripting language a plus
- Experience with 508 accessibility and practices and tools a plus
- Experience with test automation patterns and frameworks a plus