Advantage Tech is seeking an experienced Software Quality Assurance Engineer professional to develop, support and deliver automated testing strategies and solutions for large-scale applications. This role requires collaborating with geographically dispersed business and technical staff to gather and analyze data, requirements, and test cases to help create greater test efficiency and coverage through test automation.
• Solution Class: Enterprise/Complex.
• Problem Solving and Business Acumen: Advanced.
• Operational Demand and Travel: Modest.
• Contributor in the analysis, design, and implementation of enterprise solutions for the organization’s most strategic and complex application delivery projects. Active participant on complex and diverse technical teams through all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), including post-implementation support and maintenance. • Technical Expertise: Proficient.
• Leadership: Novice-to-Proficient.
• Mentoring : Proficient.
• Self-Sufficiency: Minimal Oversight.
• Relationship Management: Proficient.
• Project Management: Novice.
• Collaboration and Teamwork: Proficient.
• Problem Solving/Creativity: Proficient.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with specialization in an information technology field (e.g., Computer/Management Information Systems (MIS/CIS), Computer Science (CS), Electrical/Computer Engineering (EE/CE), or an equivalent combination of related education and/or work experience.
• Typically requires four to six years of relevant and progressive information technology experience directly related to the design and development of software solutions; with some experience in enterprise-class solutions.
• Familiarity with Industry software development methodologies, standards and architecture frameworks.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt and learn new technologies.
• Fundamental project management skills.
• Developing oral and written communication skills. Ability to explain complex technical information to technical and non-technical contacts.
• Strong planning and organization skills.
• Strong initiative, innovative thinking skills, and the ability to analyze details and adopt a big-picture view.
• Demonstrated problem solving skills, including the ability to think logically and analytically.
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively build relationships; promote, and work well in, a collaborative team environment; and influence others.
Preferred Technical Skills:
• 4+years experience with Selenium (webdriver).
• 4+ years experience programming in object-oriented language, Java would be preferred language.
• At least six years of direct experience as a software quality assurance analyst or engineer working on major application integration and/or major product releases
• Experience working with TestNG, Junit, NUnit.
• Experience working with Excel and Apache POI.
• Experience working with data-driven and keyword driven testing frameworks.
• Experience using BitBucket/Git, Maven, and/or Integrated Development Environment tools like: Eclipse, IntelliJ, or Microsoft Visual Studio.
• Advanced experience in developing and executing SQL statements for testing and validation.
• Strong experience reviewing and researching to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
• Proven application testing experience that includes testing of large, complex, enterprise-wide applications on a variety of platforms such as AWS Cloud, Client Server, Web and Mobile testing.
• Proficient in understanding written requirements, including use cases, user stories and supplementary specifications.
• Proficient in writing test plans and test cases.
• Experience with a test management tool like: HP Quality Center / ALM or TestRail to conduct test planning, execution, and reporting.
• Experience with integrating automation tests into a Continuous Integration (CI) tool like: Bamboo (preferred) or Jenkins.
• Experience with issue/defect tracking and change management tools, such as JIRA, TestRail or HP Application Lifecycle Management a plus.
• Proficient in gathering and preparing data and files for testing.
• Experience with change management, release packaging and deployment concepts.
• Experience working within different software development methodologies; preferably Agile.
United States citizenship or lawful permanent resident alien status with at least three or more years of United States residency from the date of legal entry to the United States is required for this position.