Advantage Tech is looking for a Sr API and Integrations Developer for our Lee's Summit, MO client.
The Developer- API & Integrations reports to the Manager, API & Integrations Platform. The role is responsible for developing and maintaining the API Management & Integration Platform, creating a standard set of common platform services. Will define the set of APIs for projects that require integration to Data, internal applications, and/or external trading partners.
- Develop the solution for the organization's API Platform services, in alignment with the API Standards, best practices, and API Governance process. Design, develop, test and deploy the required solutions supporting the suite of services integrating applications to enterprise data, internal applications, and/or external trading partner's services. Assists Project Managers, Business Analysts, Developers, Testers in understanding how to work with and use APIs within their existing job responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Computer Information Services or a related field.
- Requires 6+ years’ experience in project analysis, application development and/or application programming, specific API/Services Development preferred.
- Development experience with microservices development, including various data formats & protocols like JSON, SOAP, REST, XML, XSLT, HTTP, HTTPS, SFTP, FTP etc. Experience with Security frameworks (e.g., JWT, OAUTH2).
- Collaborate with teams via code reviews and architecture discussions.
- Additional years of qualifying work experience may be considered in lieu of formal education.
- Requires effective communication and presentation skills and the ability to lead multi-disciplinary development teams.
- Incumbent is required to obtain knowledge of Company's Affirmative Action policy and make decisions regarding employment, promotion, and termination of employees that comply with its principles.
- In-depth knowledge of best practices, tools, platforms around developing and delivering microservices in both an on-prem & cloud environment.
- Preferred Technology Skills:
- Azure, .NET, C#
- Authentication & Authorization technologies
- Service architecture patterns
- Enterprise continuous integration and engineering principles (continuous testing)
- Swagger, OpenAPI, Postman, API Platforms (eg. Apigee, Axway, etc…)
- MS API Manager, Apigee
- ADO DevOps Suite of Development Tools