Advantage Tech is searching for an Application Developer for their client based out of Kansas City, KS.
We are seeking to hire an Oracle PL/SQL Application Developer who can support and enhance existing applications by performing research and complex programming tasks with little or no assistance. This person needs to have the ability to communicate and work cooperatively with all levels of IT management, staff and business units. Having a desire to lead projects and enhancements of limited scope is a plus.
- Must have experience with the software development life cycle process.
- Must be experienced with creating a design and respective specification to develop a PL/SQL application.
- Must operate independently and assist others with development tasks which include design, coding, testing, debugging, writing documentation, and installation into the production environment in accordance with industry best practices.
- Must be skilled in researching existing PL/SQL code to understand the functions, troubleshoot issues, and deliver an enhancement or problem resolution.
- Must collaborate with other IT teams to integrate the application with other platforms.
- Must work with the business and other IT staff to clearly articulate a solution.
- Must be flexible and willing to accept change in priorities as necessary.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of the application from the perspectives of both the application and the business client.
Primary Skills & Experience:
- 4-year degree and/or work experience. A Combination of both is preferred.
- 5+ years of Oracle PL/SQL software development experience.
- Proven strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively.
- Good Analysis, problem-solving skills with an attention to details.
Bonus Skills & Experience:
- Oracle Demantra software development experience.
- Oracle Business Modeler tool experience.
- Knowledge of the AIX, UNIX or Linux environments.
- Knowledge of retail or wholesale operations.