Advantage Tech is looking for a Sr Cloud Engineer for our Lee's Summit, MO Client. This is a remote position.
The Senior Could Engineer’s role is to be accountable for Technology, Infrastructure, & Operations projects that impact company security and operational efficiency. This includes maintaining applications, systems, network, and/or telecommunications infrastructure to provide operational integrity and meet best practice guidelines for operational availability. Assists all teams with development and communication of strategic planning, project planning and plans for ongoing development of technological solutions. Provides some third-tier support for Service Desk and Tier-2 support for System Administrators.
Senior Cloud Engineer is able to initiate projects and provide direction to management on technical matters. Identifies what needs to be done and acts before being asked to or required by the situation.
- Must have the ability to empathize with customers and convey confidence. Able to explain highly technical issues to varied audiences. Able to prioritize and advocate customer’s needs to the proper channels. Take ownership and work towards a resolution.
- Proven experience building and designing web services in the cloud, along with implementing the set-up of geographically redundant services?
- Has extensive knowledge of APIs to design RESTful services, and integrate them with existing data providers, using JSON or XML as needed
- Orchestrating and automating cloud-based platforms throughout the company
- Experience helping organizations in their cloud journey including mentoring the other engineering teams on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives, providing associated training as it is required
· Implementing effective security strategies and partnering with security department on cloud network(s)?
- Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies with demonstrated hands-on experience in one or more of the following domains: Core IaaS: Compute, Storage, Networking, High Availability
- Data Platform and Bigdata Knowledge: SQL Server, Azure SQL DB, HDInsight/Hadoop, Machine Learning, Azure Stream Analytics, Azure Data Factory / Data Bricks
- Azure PaaS Services: Redis Cache, Service Bus, Event Hub, Cloud Service, IoT suite, Mobile Apps, etc.
- Identity and Authentication: SSO/Federation, AD/Azure AD, ADFS, etc.
- Experience in one or more automation languages (PowerShell, Python, C#, )
- Preferred but not required: Cosmos DB, Azure Kubernetes Service, experience with VMWARE Tanzu or other container integrations platforms
- Experience in using one or more of the following toolsets (ARM templates, Bicep, Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- 5+ years of demonstrated IT Cloud experience supporting and troubleshooting enterprise level, mission-critical applications resolving highly complex issues/situations and driving technical resolution across cross-functional organizations.
- Desired Degree in Computer Science/Technology, Engineering or Equivalent Working Experience. Certification in Microsoft and/or other Cloud Technologies.