The Enterprise Data Warehouse & Analytics team provides support of our data warehouse environment and analytics tools. This allows our business leaders access to business intelligence data in order to develop strategies for our organization to grow.
As a Sr. Data Engineer, you will be a part of UMB’s data team during an exciting time of growth and modernization. As part of this job, you will be working to implement cloud strategies, modernizing legacy systems, and coding for the future of data processing at UMB. As you grow in technical expertise in one or more areas of specialization as well as leadership capabilities, your position and role within the team would advance and reflect this growth accordingly. If you have a passion for new technology, love to solve complex problems, aren’t afraid to learn technology and love change, we want to talk to you!
The Enterprise Data Warehouse & Analytics team is a close-knit group of data engineers coming from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We share a strong commitment of providing high quality enterprise data solutions and we believe in fully supporting each other to achieve this goal. Trust and open communication are the cornerstones of how we roll, and we have plenty of fun while doing it! Self-education, peer consultation, mentor guidance, and formal training/seminars are some of the methods that we share information and knowledge.
How you’ll spend your time:
- Partnering with business leaders to understand and to determine their needs in order to design and create dashboards using Power BI.
- Designing, building and maintaining optimal cloud data pipelines, architecture and data sets for ETL. This includes cloud data platform structures to organize and store data.
- Implementing governance and data lifecycle management strategies around the flow of data within UMB which includes policy and automated approaches.
- Sharing your expertise and utilizing your experience in cloud solutions to modernize technologies including work closely with the senior architect to mentor others on the data team.
- Evaluating, assessing and translation of data including identifying anomalies, trends and correlation of similar data sets.
- Creating models and standards to govern which data is to be collected, how it is stored, arranged, and utilized in data systems and within the organization.
We’re excited to talk with you if:
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology and at least 5 years of experience in a technical role supporting and designing application technologies OR at least 8 years of relevant work experience in a technical role supporting and designing application technologies.
- You have at least 5 years of experience cloud data development / engineering experience specifically with Azure or AWS.
- You have at least 5 years of experience with Data Pipeline Development and/or Business Intelligence implementation, and subject matter expertise in Modern Data Platform Implementations. Data curation experience is highly beneficial.
- You have in-depth experience using Business Intelligence tools to analyze data, draw conclusions from the data, then use visualization to tell the story about the data. Experience with Power BI tool is highly preferred.
- You have financial services or banking experience. This is not a requirement, but it is a plus.
- You have a business first mindset and comfortable with change as well as having a passion to learn and use new modern technologies, including databases, code sets, and integration best practices.