Advantage Tech is assisting a long term client of ours to find their next Sr Infrastructure Technical Lead.
The Infrastructure Technical Lead will require skills & experience in Infrastructure Engineering, Technology, and Operations.
Infrastructure accountabilities include all corporate infrastructure and infrastructure services including operations, networking, unified communications, telecommunications, servers, storage, database, service desk, desktop engineering, and end user computing. The end state for most of these services is utilization of a virtual private cloud. The candidate will be expected to utilize past experiences to design and deploy infrastructure that meets business needs while being cost effective, stable, secure and scalable.
This position reports to the Director of CyberSecurity. The core activities will be sourced externally. Accordingly, strong vendor management skills are a significant plus.
The role can conceptualized of as 10 % leadership/oversight/direction/review/signoff and 80 % hands on technical work (or giving explicit technical directions to vendors) with 10 % admin/reporting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Other duties and responsibilities include:
- Lead stabilization and reliability of newly developed environment including 0365, network monitoring and many other infrastructure issues
- Ensuring vendors are performing their support roles properly on all technical work being assigned
- Finalize transition to infrastructure providers in accordance with strategy and standards
- Ensure compliance with SBL security standards and DR/BCP approaches & continue to do so throughout run environment
- Identify any task interdependencies, risks and barriers with work activities
- Support active oversight and engagement in day to day operations of infrastructure and security solution through a managed service provider
- Hands on implementation of new technologies
- Lead the process to establish corporate technology standards
- Maintain effective relationships with managed service partners, IT leaders and peers
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- B.A./B.S. in computer science, business administration or other relevant field required
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in Information Technology (focus on infrastructure)
- Appropriate professional certifications
- Familiarity with with the following technologies: AD/Domain Controllers/ DNS, MS O365, Network Policy Server, Radius, SSO, SCCM, DHCP, Polycom Management Console, OS Image Store, Print Server, Server Backup (Veeam), Unstructured Data (Varonis), SolarWinds, Cloud Storage (Nasuni), Hyper-converged infrastructure (Nutanix), Encryption (Bitlocker).
- Transition to Private Clouds and/or run state in Clouds is of great value but not strictly required.
- Preferred background/experience in public and hybrid cloud computing, and vendor management
- Solid experience in IT strategic planning and new business opportunity evaluation
- Extensive knowledge of technology investment practices and financial analysis
- Excellent workload and resource management
- Demonstrable history of working with Governance, Risk, & Compliance (GRC) and or Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) functions
- Experience working with managed services
- Strong leadership skills with proven track record of operational stability and successful projects
- Well-developed communication skills and the ability to maintain positive and cooperative working relationships with IT teams and the business
- Demonstrated competency in strategic thinking and leadership, with strong abilities in relationship management
- Ability to identify and manage risk, suggesting mitigation and minimizing solutions
- Ability to deliver presentation of complex financial and business information
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills