Advantage Tech is looking for a Sr IT Infrastructure Engineer for our Lenexa, KS Client.
Individuals within the IT Infrastructure Engineer role are responsible for the operations of secure and highly available computing platforms, servers, and networks. They, install, maintain, upgrade, and continuously improve Company’s operating environment. They maintain the ongoing reliability, performance, and support of the infrastructure. This includes monitoring the operating environments; responding to incidents and problems; and planning for growth. Individuals in this job family are also responsible for the overall operation and maintenance of the data centers, both on premise and in the cloud.
IT Infrastructure Engineers deploy the release of new technologies as well as design, install, configure, maintain and perform testing of PC/server operating systems, networks, and related utilities and hardware. Other responsibilities include troubleshooting problems as reported by users, supporting Web access and electronic messaging services and maintaining a secure systems environment. They also provide infrastructure solutions based on application needs and anticipated growth, install new servers, and maintain the infrastructure.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Coordinates and works on multiple cross-functional base work initiatives and projects
- Diagnoses and resolves complex security, hardware, software and connectivity problems.
- Supports multiple systems or applications of high to medium complexity (complexity defined by size, technology used, and system feeds and interfaces) with multiple concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity, and accessibility.
- Participates in short and long-term project efforts with stakeholders and IT groups.
- Senior level role in a team to implement, maintain, administer, support, and monitor both on premise and cloud-based datacenter solutions, including identity, compute, storage, network, and security.
- Senior level role in a team to implement, maintain, administer, support, and monitor virtualization solutions.
- Creates and maintains accurate datacenter diagrams and documentation used for design, planning, training, and troubleshooting.
- Works in a team to maintain security standards, identify security issues, consult on and implement new security solutions.
- Works in a team to maintain and support networks for business applications and SCADA environments. Creates and maintains accurate network diagrams for documentation, design, and planning. Technologies include: Local Area Network (LAN), Wide Area Network (WAN), and Storage Area Networks (SAN).
- Designs and performs audits, health monitoring, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
- Works in a team to manage and support networking equipment, software, appliances operating systems, and associated products from various 3rd party vendors.
- Works in a team environment to monitor, support, and maintain integration of voice, data, security and telecommunication systems.
- Works in a team for capacity planning and performance monitoring and tuning in the LAN/WAN/SAN environment.
- Manages, secures, and supports Windows server operating systems and associated products from various third-party vendors including backup, patch management, systems management, and other software and appliances.
- Monitors and tests system performance; prepares and delivers system performance statistics and reports.
- Provides technical guidance in relation to Virtualization, Servers, Networks, IP Telephony, Systems Management, and other technologies in support of business requirements.
- Creates technology designs and solutions in response to business needs that enable the company to maximize our IT investments and ensure the most cost-effective approach is followed.
- Administers Internet and Intranet usage and computer peripherals status, security, and performance.
- Works in a team with the planning and administration of server and network redundancy, backup, and disaster recovery, and helps establish and meet Divisional up-time goals.
- Ensures compliance with Company’s standards and procedures for network usage and security.
- Oversees issues related to voice and security communication.
- Develops scripted solutions and automation.
- Participates in cyber security planning and incident response.
- Provides technical and backup support for other IT staff members.
- Participates in on-call duties 24/7, and planned or un-planned weekend/evening work.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
These key core competencies are expected to be demonstrated by each employee:
- Communicates Effectively – Demonstrates ability to listen and express oneself effectively and shares information as appropriate for the position needed to perform the job effectively.
- Conscientiousness – Expresses the motivation to perform one's job in a careful, thorough way that adheres to the standards of honesty and integrity.
- Customer Focus – Demonstrates a concern for satisfying both internal and external customers and builds collaborative relationships with customers and stakeholders.
- Interpersonal Savvy – Demonstrates the ability to effectively coordinate with others to achieve goals and solve problems by maintaining flexibility and open mindedness.
- Problem Solving/Drive for Results – Demonstrates the ability to find solutions to complex problems and consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances.
In addition to organizational competencies, these key competencies are expected to be demonstrated by each employee in this position:
- Teamwork – Develops constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and encourages team unity through sharing, working together and putting team success first.
- Security & Safety Focus – Adheres to all workplace safety and security policies, standards, and practices.
- Creating a Positive Work Environment – Treat people with respect, encourages teamwork, and expresses confidence in people's ability to master their roles.
- Creative & Innovative Thinking – Develops fresh ideas that provide solutions to all types of workplace challenges.
- Development & Continual Learning – Displays an ongoing commitment to learning and self-improvement.
- Job Knowledge – Understands the purpose of the position and demonstrates knowledge by staying current with changes impacting their job.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering Technology, Network Communications Management or equivalent professional experience.
- 8 years’ experience in virtualization technologies.
- 5 years’ experience in the design, implementation, and technical operation of VMware solutions including a multi-node server cluster managed by vCenter.
- 3 years’ experience in the technical operation of vSAN and SAN.
- Some experience with Microsoft Azure Active Directory and other Azure datacenter services, Microsoft Windows Server and related services, and LAN/WAN protocols and Cisco switch, router and firewall configuration and administration.
- Knowledge of PC applications management systems and communications to include VPN applications.
- Good customer service skills.
- Well organized, creative, and detail oriented.
- Assertive, flexible, and demonstrate initiative and sound judgment.
- Able to interface well with IT departmental and user department personnel.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written, and be a good listener. Must be able to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent decision-making skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality for all user materials.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and continuously meet driving standards.
- Must pass post offer medical exam, including background verification and drug screen (may not apply to current employees).
Preferred Education, Skills:
- SCADA / Industrial Control System environment knowledge
- VMware certification(s)
- Working knowledge of VMware NSX-T, HCX
- Proficient in one or more of the following scripting languages: Bash, Perl, Python, PowerShell
- 2+ years of experience with design, implementation and support of cloud services on Microsoft Azure, including some of the advanced services and features
- Microsoft Systems Certification
- Web Application Firewall (WAF) experience
- Next Generation Firewall experience
Advantage Tech is proud to be recognized as Kansas City Business Journal’s #1 locally owned IT staffing firm. We are passionate about delivering world-class service and value to our consultants and clients.
Please visit www.advantagetech.net to learn more about our culture, benefits and career opportunities.