Sr IT Project Manager
Job Title: Sr IT Project Manager
Advantage Tech is looking to fill a long term contract need for long standing Client. This position will report to the Director of PMO and serve as the lead project manager on a re-platforming project.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to quickly learn new business and technical processes
- Ability to create, maintain, update, and revise project schedules in MS Project
- Excellent leadership skills for bringing teams together to ensure project success
- Proven ability to self-direct and direct others
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to create and deliver presentations using Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio, Word, Excel, etc.
- Facilitate groups in consensus decision-making
- Create accurate estimates for the work to be completed utilizing staff
- Minimum five years of actual project management experience: monitoring and reporting projects, preparing schedules, managing budgets, and coordinating/directing project teams
- Extensive experience managing projects of large size with multiple vendors
- Proven experience in managing project leaders, teams, and vendors through challenging projects
- High level of proficiency Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, Project, and SharePoint
- Success in managing challenging projects thru recovery and completion.
Preferred, but not required:
- Project management certification: Project Management Professional (PMP) or Project Management Methodology Certification
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing strategic multi-project roadmaps
- Experience managing projects using multiple methodologies Agile, Waterfall, Hybrid
- Experience managing cloud migration projects
- Experience managing government projects (state, federal, or local)
- Bachelor’s degree and two years of experience with IT related project management or five years of experience with IT related project management. Additional experience in the areas listed above may be substituted for the required education as determined by the hiring manager.