Advantage Tech is searching for a Sr. Java Developer for their client based out of Kansas City.
The Java Developer will lead projects of limited scope and perform complex programming tasks with little or no assistance. Position does require leadership abilities and the capability of working cooperatively with all levels of management and staff.
Essential Functions/Primary Responsibilities:
- Independently performs and guides, assist or mentor others, with data design, software coding, testing, debugging, documentation, and installation to the production environment in accordance with industry best practices and specific internal standards, procedures and methodologies.
- The Java Developer needs to have experience in the full life cycle process including requirements gathering, customer/vendor contact, maintenance, development, troubleshooting, and problem resolution.
- They would need to know how to implement new software, upgrades and the regression testing before migrating to the production environment.
- Be able to work in a team approach working with database analyst, technical architects, senior consultants, operations folks and other developers.
- Contribute to the design and architecture to enable secure, scalable, and maintainable software.
- Should be able to clearly articulate the implications of design/architectural decisions, issues and plans to technology leadership.
- Develop reusable patterns and encourage innovation that will enable team velocity.
- Collaborate on the design with other team members and product owners, both inside and outside the team.
- 5+ years of Java experience with 2 years as a lead developer
- 4 yr. Degree Required
- Experience in building design patterns and software engineering best practices
- Experience in SQL, relational database modeling and design.
- Experience in Unix / Linux and korn shell scripting is a plus.