Advantage Tech is searching for a Sr. Network Engineer to join their clients Infrastructure Team, based out of Kansas City, MO
The position of Senior Engineer, Network Engineering, has the responsibility for providing supervision and management of the network administration support staff as well as support of the technical architecture, design, implementation and continuity of the organization’s production network infrastructure.
Network infrastructure for this organization includes, but not limited to, LAN, WAN, WLAN, Wireless Bridging, VoIP (IP Telephony), QoS, Firewall, Telephony Systems and Telecommunications. The person in this position will work closely with members of the IT staff to ensure very high levels of network availability, security and efficiency. The person in this position will serve as the lead technical resource for network production operations support and relevant systems projects.
The Sr. Network Engineer, will be responsible for bringing advanced knowledge and a new perspective to the design, implementation and maintenance of the overall network infrastructure of the company.
• Provide leadership and guidance to junior members of the team.
• Assist with the definition of training and development plans for junior members of IT Operations Team.
• Assist with conducting annual reviews for junior members of the team.
• Designing, implementing, monitoring and maintaining the overall network infrastructure
• Collaborate with Facility Security Officer or designated IT Security Analyst in researching security threats
• Serve as highest point of escalation to incidents in the network infrastructure.
• Performance monitoring, alert monitoring, event correlation and suppression, ticket notification and escalation
• Participate in the organization’s change management process.
• Act as technical resource to network initiatives for group members and other organizational entities.
• Develop and maintain network documentation that includes process, procedures and relevant physical and logical network diagrams.
• Configure and deploy company LANs, WANs, WLANs, Routers, Switches, Firewalls, purpose-built appliances and other hardware to required specifications.
• Monitor and report on network systems performance, help identify network trends, and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
• Collaborate with Infrastructure team members and others as necessary to assess near and long-term network capacity needs.
• Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records.
• Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
• Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation that may include technical specifications information.
• Develop process improvements and standard operating procedures
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• 10+ years’ experience serving in a Network Engineering capacity required.
• Current certification as Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) required.
• Minimum of 7 years’ experience managing a network infrastructure comprised of Cisco technologies that includes router, switch, firewall, access security and other.
• 7 years’ Experience in Data Center and Enterprise LAN/WAN Environments
• Advanced knowledge in BGP and EIGRP
• Advanced knowledge in VMware NSX
• Advanced knowledge in Meraki Wireless Environments
• Advanced knowledge in Checkpoint Firewall Technology
• Be able to own and be accountable for network project designs and configurations.
• Experience with the IT Process Change Management.
• Ability to develop action plans with work estimates as part of IT projects.
• Have worked with a high-availability systems environment.
• Ability to solve critical production issues when required.
• Proven experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices.
• Strong, hands-on technical knowledge with networking technologies.
• Knowledge of MPLS, QoS, WAN Traffic Optimization and Prioritization.
• Knowledge of and experience with SIP or H.323 VoIP Protocols.
• Ability to develop network, voice and data systems in multi-facility, multi-city corporate environments using public switched circuits and/or private line facilities.
• Knowledge of communications protocols and integration of new systems with existing systems.
• Knowledge of transport media such as twisted pair, broadband, baseband, coaxial, microwave and fiber optic systems.
• Working technical knowledge of relevant and current network hardware, protocols, and Internet standards.
• Competence with testing tools and procedures for voice and data circuits.
• Ability to apply the principles of analytical and critical thinking skills and other professional practices to diagnose or define problems, collect data and solve abstract problems with widespread unit or organization impact.
• Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
• Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
• Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
• Bachelors or Associate degree in a technology related field with 15 years of hands-on experience in the field.
• Current certification as Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) would be nice to have
• Prior management or team lead experience.
• Excellent communicator.
• Ability to investigate and resolve complex problems
• Enjoys working in a fast paced environment