Advantage Tech is recruiting for a EMS Network Security Analyst to work for their client based out of Kansas City, KS.
The Network Security Analyst is responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining computer and information security systems for protecting the utility's local area networks (LAN), wide area networks (WAN), intranets, extranets, SCADA EMS networks, and other data communications networks.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field is required. In lieu of the above, a combination of a successfully completed associate degree program, completed OEM accredited certifications or minimum five (5) years’ experience in a Network Security related fields will be considered towards fulfillment of the requirements
- Security certification such as SANS GIAC, Security+, Network+, Linux+, MCSE, CCNA, or SSCP is preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) years current experience working with enterprise information technology systems with an emphasis on security.
- Experience of log monitoring and event correlation of firewalls, IPS, IDS and system event logs is most important.
- Previous experience with Web Filtering, Firewall & IDS/IPS monitoring.
- Experience with SIEM technology
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the operations of firewalls, IDS/IPS, antivirus, web filtering, etc. and knowledge of Microsoft servers and workstation operating systems, common protocols and ports.
- Ability to be well organized.
- Ability to communicate orally and written.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Knowledge to troubleshoot technical problems with an emphasis on network security.
- Proficient knowledge of Windows Operating Systems, Active Directory, DNS, & Group Policy.
- Knowledge of network technologies and protocols.
- Knowledge of current threats and trends present in the Information Security and Technology field.
- Knowledge of SIEM servers, reporting and configuration.
- Knowledge of RSA authentication configuration and maintenance.
- Knowledge of password management system.
- Ability to demonstrate strong knowledge of computer security concepts.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Change Management process and the importance.
- Knowledge of NERC CIP standards.
- Advanced knowledge of Palo Alto firewalls.
- Knowledge of Windows OS and Linux/UNIX security.
- Knowledge of network hardware devices and experience configuring Access Control Lists or other Firewall or Router configuration experience.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, network protocols, and packet analysis; Systems and knowledge of hacking techniques and counter attack methodologies; principles and techniques applied in securing operating systems and LAN/WAN networks.
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL
- Develop and implement network security standards, procedures, and processes for the SCADA EMS environment. *
- Ensure optimal system performance by designing and implementing system configuration (i.e. firewalls, servers, and other security tools, etc.). Responsibilities include debugging, configuring, tuning, or changing system parameters. *
- Work cross-functionally within company and with outside vendors to coordinate updates to technology to meet current and long-term business needs. *
- Develop and maintain baseline documentation for the Firewalls and other security related tools.*
- Backup/Restore knowledge for Linux systems and associated security tools.*
- Patching and support for all security tools included but not limited to firewalls, IPS, IDS, Multi-Factor Authentication, CyberArk Password management system, Anti-Virus, Content Filtering, SPAM filtering, etc.*
- Monitor logs/reports from firewalls, intrusion detection, and network traffic, access administration, for unusual or suspicious activity/violations, interprets activity, and recommends plans for resolution.*
- Monitor, build and maintain the SIEM server configuration, documentation and reporting for the NERC CIP standards.*
- Advanced vulnerability management and risk mitigation experience.*
- Assist in the maintenance and configuration of network devices and hardening of the systems. *
- Maintain security diagrams, reports, and procedures for NERC CIP requirements pertaining to Network Security.*
- Develop and maintain audit evidence for NERC CIP requirements pertaining to Network Security.*
- Testify in NERC CIP audits as the subject matter expert for CIP standards pertaining to network security.*
- Research security vulnerabilities, issues, and new solutions. *
- RTU and windows system knowledge to support on-call rotation.
- Participate in 24x7x365 on-call rotation and to perform other reasonable duties as assigned by the Supervisor of EMS Maintenance.*
* Denotes essential function
Advantage Tech is proud to be recognized as Kansas City Business Journal’s #1 locally owned IT staffing firm. We are passionate about delivering world-class service and value to our clients. Advantage Tech’s customized recruiting model enables us to place consultants locally and nationally. Our clients want the best candidate at the most reasonable rate within a set time frame; that’s precisely what we provide them. We go even further. Our consultant retention program gives our clients the added comfort our people will perform well and finish the project.
Please visit advantagetech.net to learn more about our culture, benefits and career opportunities.Submit Resume