Advantage Tech is looking for a Sr. Network Security Engineer to secure company information by designing, implementing, and enforcing security controls, safeguards, policies and procedures.
Maintain and Monitor the following Applications, Servers, & Devices:
- CheckPoint Firewalls, Watchguard Firewalls, Websense – Web Filter & Monitoring
- F5 BigIP – Local Traffic Manager, Application Security Manager, and Access Policy Manager
- TrendMicro – Anti-Virus and ScanMail TNT Software ELM (Event Log Manager) Monitors failed logins and critical security events
- RSA Authentication Manager (SecurId) – 2 factor authentication
- Imprivata OneSign – Single Sign-On
- Secure Computing SecureMail (IronMail) Spam filter
- Tipping Point IPS – Intrusion Prevention System FTP server
- Security monitoring, vulnerability analysis, and assisting with security incident response and follow-up
- Design and implement network control mechanisms
- Monitor logs/reports from servers, firewalls, intrusion detection, network traffic, Email, Internet usage, access administration, for unusual or suspicious activity/violations, interprets activity, recommends plans for resolution
- Troubleshoot LAN/WAN networks to isolate exiting problems as well as identify potential threat vectors to promote proactive network security.
- Manage Active Directory, DNS, & Group Policy
- Harden applications, workstations, & severs including linux, VMWare, & Citrix
- Setup remote laptops with Updates, Anti-Virus, & VPN client
- Patch Security Servers monthly – Windows & Linux
- Scan workstations & servers for patch compliance
- Application testing & recommendation
- Manage certificates
- Provide user support & training that relates to security and/or security operations
- Duplicate hard drives
- Build security systems and labs
- Examine spam, instruct users how to properly submit, and create rules to block or reduce
- Investigate computers for user, web, or virus activity
- Helpdesk tickets: Creation, updates, & completion
- Approve remote access, website access, applications, external media (& device) request
- Vulnerability Assessment of desktops, servers, virtual machines, Citrix, & network infrastructure including wireless testing: Enumeration, Scan for vulnerabilities, test vulnerabilities, recommend solutions, with tools such as Backtrack, nmap, nessus, enum, microsoft resource toolkit, sysinternal pstools, robocopy, srvcheck, metasploit, cain & able, kismet, aircrack-ng, airodump, aireplay, lc5, lcp, jtr.
- Create & run custom security scripts & batch files to automate and shorten day to day operations
- Remediation of previous Vulnerability Assessments
- View vendor & product webinars & research current OS & application vulnerabilities, viruses, and hacking attempts and how to protect against
- Develop and enforce Network Security policies and procedures
Advantage Tech is proud to be recognized as Kansas City Business Journal’s #1 locally owned IT staffing firm. We are passionate about delivering world-class service and value to our clients. Advantage Tech’s customized recruiting model enables us to place consultants locally and nationally. Our clients want the best candidate at the most reasonable rate within a set timeframe; that’s precisely what we provide them. We go even further. Our consultant retention program gives our clients the added comfort our people will perform well and finish the project.
Please visit: advantagetech.net to learn more about our culture, benefits and career opportunities.