Advantage Tech is searching for a candidate to join their client in Dallas, TX
We are looking for a Senior Network/System Engineer with strong Wireless experience. This role will be part of the Implementation Network team, delivering support services to the Enterprise's global network with excellence. Managing and supporting major components including but not limited to:
• Aruba Wireless and ClearPass Network Access Control (NAC)
• Cisco Systems routers, switches, WLC and wireless devices
• F5 Load-Balancers LTM and GTM
• Palo Alto Networks Firewalls
• Other utilities includes: TACACS, and IPAM
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. As the Sr. Wireless Network Engineer, you will be work on projects as assigned.
2. Perform physical implementation of Network components.
3. As the Wireless domain subject matter expert, 50% to 70% of job focus is on wireless reliability, scalability and security ensuring the highest optimal user's experience on our wireless environment. 50% to 70% of this role will be focusing on wireless incidents response, Problem Management, Change Management including standardizations and monitoring.
4. Additional responsibilities will be to determine Wireless’ Operating System, configuration, and layout standards in collaboration with our Engineering partner. Determining automation opportunities to ensure OS, configuration standards; additional responsibilities include formulating and leading improvements and/or enhancements effort in the Wireless domain toward our visions for Operational Excellence.
5. Other tasks include: performing various network assessments, participating in projects supporting our Operations Excellence objectives, Capacity Management assessment and trending analysis.
6. Participate in efforts to mentor, train and provide technical guidance to the junior Network Engineers including identifying knowledge gaps and determining paths forward.
7. Perform wireless site surveys utilizing site survey tools (e.g., Ekahau, AirMagnet) with the support of wireless network engineers.
8. Must be willing to have a flexible work schedule and work after hours and weekends when necessary.
9. Must be able to follow company procedures and processes.
10. Be a part of the on-call rotation.
Education: Bachelor degree in the IT related focus
Experience: 4+ years of experience in the IT networking field or at least 10+ years of experience in the IT networking field. Recent experience working in large global enterprise infrastructure experience including global data center experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Cisco CCNP and other certification in Wireless
• Knowledge of the ITIL framework
• Strong practical knowledge of ClearPass NAC, excellent practical detail knowledge of infrastructure monitoring and management best practices
• Excellent analytical and troubleshooting focus
• Excellent configuration and troubleshooting skills set with all the major Infrastructure components including Cisco routers, switches, wireless; as well as Palo Alto Networks’ firewalls, F5 BigIP and Aruba Wireless AirWave.
• Having the ability to lead an ongoing and intensive troubleshooting sessions including collaborating with other teams, providing leadership and guidance to Network Operations junior Engineers are one of the key success factors for this role.
• Good practical understanding of the various LAN, WAN protocols including i/eBGP, OSPF, MPLS, spanning-tree, security negotiation and key exchange mechanisms. As well as having some level of subject-matter expertise with interpreting syslog and SNMP messages.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
The below certifications, experiences and knowledge are highly desirable in addition to the requirements above:
• Aruba or Cisco certifications in Wireless
• Cisco CCNA and/or CCNP in R/S, Security
• Some level of exposure and practical knowledge of Palo Alto Networks’ firewalls.
• Some level of exposure and practical knowledge of F5 BigIP deployment and support
• Good experience with cloud infrastructure including exposure to the major cloud services such as AWS and Azure.
• Excellent communications skills including verbal, written and presentations
• Can travel 25% of the year Domestic and International
- Shift: First
- Work Hours: 8:00AM – 5:00PM
- Regular Workdays: 5 – Mon-Fri