Advantage Tech is looking for a Sr Service Desk Analyst for our Kansas City, MO client.
Responsible for providing the initial response to problems submitted to the Service Desk. Utilizes the knowledge base as well as personal experience to maintain, analyze, troubleshoot, and repair computer systems, hardware, and computer peripherals. Documents, maintains, upgrades, or replaces hardware and software systems. Supports and maintains user account information including rights, security and systems groups.
- Serve as Level 1 and Level 2 support for desktop, network, and telephone problems. Act as member of 24×7 service team in this regard.
- Author knowledge base articles to assist customers in self-service.
- Exhibit responsiveness and strong service attitude to customers.
- Provide quality assurance for new technical capabilities prior to delivery to the customer.
- Log, assign, escalate, and resolve problems reported to desktop support area.
- Learn the software being used to run the business to be able to assist customers in resolving problems.
- Proactively seek ways to improve personal productivity.
- To avoid service interruptions, some work will include: off-first shift, weekend work and on-call services after normal business hours.
- Performs other related duties as assigned and required.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to listen and interface with both technical and not-technical personnel
- Strong desire to deliver quality customer service
- Motivation to participate as an integral part of a team
- Display initiative, energy, dedication, and innovation on a regular basis
- Associate’s Degree in related area or technical training equivalent
- 4 years minimum experience with desktop and server hardware and software support in a business environment
- In-depth technical knowledge of desktop applications, network operating systems and hardware infrastructure, various desktop operating systems, telephone administration, PC hardware and data communication skills
- Regularly purses job-related training courses
- Experience with Active Directory
- Ability to mentor other Service Desk employees
Advantage Tech is proud to be recognized as Kansas City Business Journal’s #1 locally owned IT staffing firm. We are passionate about delivering world-class service and value to our consultants and clients.
Please visit www.advantagetech.net to learn more about our culture, benefits and career opportunities.