Sr. Software Developer
Advantage Tech is searching for a Sr. Software Developer to join their client’s team based out of Kansas City, Mo.
About the Role: The Senior Software Developer is a member of the DevOps team responsible for leading the development of tools, APIs, and applications to support and interconnect the client’s products and services.
The Senior Software Developer will work in all phases of the software development lifecycle; application design, system development, testing and implementation. The Senior Software Developer will develop specifications for moderately complex software programming applications and modifies/maintains the existing software. This role develops, modifies, and maintains applications that are fully customized. This position participates in design and coding activities with other staff members.
• Works hand in hand with the senior architect and other dev team members for optimized software development.
• Oversees the design and implementation of the software development environment.
• Collaborates with internal teams to develop software solutions.
• Makes design decisions about technologies and tools to accomplish specific use cases encountered within the project.
• Participates in project and brainstorm sessions to determine the best way to tackle a complex technological infrastructure, security, or development problem.
• Recommend future improvements to the company’s growing list of projects under development
• Utilize source code management system (currently Azure DevOps)
• Provide technical knowledge to assist clients and development teams integrating services into their applications
• Develop code that meets design and architectural requirements and supports system testing
• Compile and assess user feedback to improve software performance
• Discuss aspects of the design with architects, team leads and business analysts to check understanding and raise concerns
• Accurately communicate development status on a regular basis
• Assist the production support team in defect analysis
• Develop technical documentation to guide future software development projects
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or
• 5+ years of front-end development experience and understanding concepts of software engineering.
• Proficient with software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies like Agile, Test – driven development
• Proficient experience with C# and .NET framework from concept to post-deployment support and enhancements
• Understanding of Blazor Framework
• Proficient in Progressive web application development
• Experience writing and executing queries in SQL
• Experience in SQL Server/Entity Framework
• Web API
• Deep programming language knowledge
• Attention to detail
• Problem solving skills & ability to learn quickly