Advantage Tech is looking for a Sr Software Engineer for our Remote client. They have a large benefit package and generous bonus. Their culture has been recognized as one of the top companies to work for.
We are seeking an experienced senior software engineer to join the IT Marketing team. Our team is responsible for building a unified and consistent customer experience across all channels for capturing customer profiles and interactions; providing predictive advice, enhanced notifications, and personalized recommendations tailored to unique customer experience using AI/ML-based recommendations and by integrating with third-party tools such as Customer Relationship Management, Email Service Provider and Marketing analytics platforms.
You'll be challenged to think hard about user experience, database transactions, performance, stability, metrics, and what it takes to move fast and iterate in a world full of sensitive user profile data. It's an exciting and fun environment with the opportunity to have an effect at Fortune 500 company scale.
- Develop, plan and/or maintain software applications and or enterprise systems; debug, design, code, test, write specifications, roll-out software, and production support.
- Technical services; software, hardware and network architecture design and maintenance; security operations.
- Provides leadership for the development of Marketing applications
- Responsible for others’ accurate work planning and execution, accurate project time tracking
- Responsible for the development of less experienced developers; mentor and teach
- Responsible for defining code specifications and how systems will be constructed
- Conduct code reviews
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Typically, eight to fifteen years of experience based on consistently demonstrated capabilities
- Technical skills should include a minimum of 8+ years of experience with one or more of the following: Java, Spring framework, and Spring Boot; Swagger and Open API specification
- Experienced in building core business layer of an application, designing for change and scalability, and building domain-centric modern service APIs
- Fluent with developing applications using Eclipse or IntelliJ on Linux/Windows
- Experience using SCM tools like Gitlab, GitHub, Subversion (SVN)
- Experience with CI/CD concepts and build pipelines such as using Jenkins and Maven
- Additional experience with any of these technologies is a plus, but not required:
- Any messaging broker such as Kafka, ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ
- Designing and building cloud native applications like PCF or GCP
- Any search engine experience (especially Elasticsearch)
- Knowledge of software development frameworks used for Marketing application development or working with MarTech vendor integrations
- Ability to be self-driven, fast learner and adapt to new technologies
- Must be a team player with great interpersonal and communication skills; time-management skills are critical
- Advanced problem solving, domain technical and analytical skills
- Committed to the code quality and coaching engineers to improve quality of existing codebases