Join this growing firm as a contract to hire with some of the best benefits we have ever seen in Omaha! The project is one that will pull at your heart strings and make you want to improve the technology!
- Leads or contributes to the analysis, design, development and engineering of enterprise solutions for the organization’s most strategic and complex application delivery projects.
- Develops strong partnerships and relationships with business customers and key stakeholders.
- Leads complex and diverse technical teams through all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), including post-implementation support and maintenance.
- Proficient in leading the analysis, design, and implementation of enterprise technology solutions for the organization’s most strategic and complex projects, utilizing broad industry awareness and expertise.
- Proficient in leading alternatives analysis, including researching vendor solutions, development platforms, third-party frameworks, and best practices, and making recommendations on platform agnostic application delivery solutions.
- Expert at implementing complex systems and software components, in compliance with Industry and System standards, which meet customer needs and expectations with respect to key project/product performance measures; quality, schedule, and cost. Requires the ability to independently design, develop, and document solutions, while adhering to all applicable standards (e.g., architectural, coding, security).
- Proficient at analyzing business requirements and creating technical designs and specifications for less experienced team members.
- Provides mentoring and oversight to a team of developers during the implementation phase, ensuring implementations match design specifications and adhere to established standards.
- Proficient at creating estimates, work breakdown structures, and resource assignments on assigned development tasks.
- Collaboratively works with management to incorporate development activities into master delivery schedule.
- Proficient at consulting with customers in the development of technology strategies related to the portfolio in which they are engaged.
- Maps objectives into roadmap initiatives and works with management to define milestones and deliverables.
- Expert at leading by example and consistently demonstrates high performance in the areas of customer service, collaboration, team work, and reliability.
- Proficient at communicating status and progress on assignments. Raises issues and risks in a timely fashion and effectively contributes to mitigating activities.
- Proficient at leading and motivating complex, matrixed project teams, that are often geographically dispersed and span multiple disciplines (e.g., database administration, server administration, project management, business analysis, etc.), as well as varying skill levels.
– Solution Class: Enterprise/Complex
– Problem Solving and Business Acumen: Expert
– Operational Demand and Travel: High
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with specialization in an information technology field (e.g., Computer/Management Information Systems (MIS/CIS), Computer Science (CS), Electrical/Computer Engineering (EE/CE), or an equivalent combination of related education and work experience.
- Typically requires at least six to ten years of relevant and progressive information technology experience directly related to architecture, design, and development of software solutions, ranging in complexity from department-class to enterprise class.
- For lead roles, at least 4 years of Enterprise Architecture experience preferred. At least 4 years within a leadership role preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Web Application Frameworks (e.g. JSF, Spring MVC, Grails, etc…).
- Demonstrated proficiency with modern ORM technology (e.g. Hibernate, JPA, etc…).
- Demonstrated proficiency with modern DBMS technology (e.g. Oracle, etc…).
- Demonstrated proficiency with Java Enterprise Applications (e.g. JEE, Spring, etc…).
- Demonstrated proficiency with modern DevOps tooling (e.g. Subversion, Git, Maven, etc…).
- Demonstrated proficiency with Unit Testing, UML, Design Patterns, Object Oriented Design, MVC patterns.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Agile software development principles.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and learn new technologies (e.g. Web Services, MQ Series, Groovy/Grails, etc…)
- Experience with WebLogic and SpringBoot frameworks.
- C++, C#, shell scripting, and low level C development experience in a virtual environment (VirtualBox, VMWare) is preferred.
- Expert knowledge with Industry software development methodologies, standards and architecture frameworks.
- Excellent organizational, project management and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent initiative, innovative thinking skills, and the ability to analyze details and adopt a big-picture view.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to explain complex technical information to technical and nontechnical contacts including executive audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to effectively build relationships, promote a collaborative and team environment, and influence others.
- Knowledge of military organizational structures, terms and protocols is helpful.