Seeking a Sr Systems Engineer for our Kansas City, Kansas client.
The ideal candidate will have advanced technical support of Windows and/or Linux based server systems, virtualization technology, shared storage, email and unified communications, security access controls, data networking, backup/DR, etc.
The SE also requires personal and administrative skills, such as initiative, time management, prioritization, multi-tasking, project assessment, scoping, estimation, time allocation/tracking, documentation, communication, and testing and solution deployment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides advanced technical support for each client’s server-based systems and environment as a whole
- Provides advanced technical support for each client’s collaborative technology, including email and unified communication systems
- Provides intermediate technical support for each client’s virtualization and shared storage environments
- Provides intermediate technical support for each client’s data network, including configuration, performance and security
- Works with the Data Services team to monitor and respond to events to ensure client system uptime and stability
- Ensures change control and other processes and procedures are followed and that configuration documentation is completed when systems are deployed or modified
- Responsible for engaging and managing vendor escalations, as required
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Advanced knowledge of virtualization concepts and functional working skills with various virtualization technologies (create/modify virtual machines, create storage groups, snapshot, clone/export, etc.)
- Advanced experience in Cloud server administration
- Advanced knowledge of collaborative technologies, such as O365 and Microsoft Exchange
- Advanced knowledge of network concepts and functional working skills with various network technologies (create vLAN, create static route, diagnose routing problems, configure ports, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of operating systems, such as Microsoft Windows and Active Directory
- Advanced knowledge of authentication and directory services (Active Directory), etc.
- Advanced knowledge with Windows system management tools, philosophies and methods
- Advanced understanding of Windows automation (scripting, imaging, installation, management)
- Advanced knowledge of antivirus/malware and patch management technologies
- Advanced understanding of TCP/IP networking (DNS, DHCP, RAS, VPN)
- Intermediate knowledge of shared storage concepts and functional working skills with various shared storage technologies (provisioning LUNs, expanding volumes, configuring RAID, etc.)
- Strong understanding of Windows and network security best practices and strategies
- Analytical and process-oriented approach to issues and assigned tasks
- Advanced level diagnostic method and skills in a variety of environments