Sr. Test Automation Engineer
Job Title: Sr. Test Automation Engineer
At an advanced level of proficiency, applies technical and team leadership skills in working with Test Automation Engineers and Business Technology staff to develop, maintain and support automated testing for new and existing software applications. Works closely with development, operations, and security teams to identify and resolve pain points and inefficiencies in delivery workflows, including automating delivery processes. The position will identify, make recommendations and implement process improvements and will provide guidance and mentoring to other Business Technology team members in regard to best practices for automated testing.
- Develop and maintain automated test scripts for new and existing applications in need of automated testing, including preparing test plans, scenarios, and test data.
- Collaboratively work with developers and operations staff to define and implement an automated build and release capability that includes automated testing.
- Remain current with testing techniques and industry standards.
- Identify opportunities for the application of automated tests.
- Provide research on automated testing best practices and educate and mentor Test Automation Engineers and Business Technology staff on those best practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Collaboratively work with Business Technology staff for designing and developing DevOps pipelines and the continued development of Azure DevOps to streamline the software development lifecycle to reduce pain points and productivity barriers.
- Independently or with minimal direction, work closely developers and operational staff to identify opportunities for automated testing for new and existing software applications, including the creation and execution of those automated tests.
- Approach automated testing tasks pragmatically to balance the desire for ideal testing with the realities of project goals and constraints.
- Independently apply agile methods to the creation of test plans, test data, and automated tests.
- Support and mentor other Business Technology team members in championing and implementing testing process improvements.
- Willingness to adapt to changing business and technical environments.
- Continuously expand skill set by learning new techniques. Share knowledge and experience with other members of the IT organization.
- Flexibility and ability to balance multiple tasks, priorities, and deadlines.
- Protect business records created or used in business processes to ensure availability, confidentiality, integrity; and the retention and destruction of such as specified by relevant policies.
- Report task progress to Director of Business Technology on a regular basis
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Advanced level of competency with five to seven years of testing experience; two to three of those years being in automated testing or software development.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and/or equivalent work experience.
- Three to five years of general financial experience comprising a combination of education and hands-on experience is preferred. (Experience may be in operational or information technology aspects of the financial sector).
- Advanced understanding of software testing is required.
- Intermediate understanding of test automation concepts and tools is required.
- Intermediate understanding of some combination of database design, programming concepts and web development is required.
- Demonstrated ability in database querying methods is required.
- Experience with Agile development methods is preferred.