Advantage Tech is hiring for a new UX/UI Designer to join their client's IT team!
As a Senior UX/UI Designer, you would be responsible for the design and development of web pages, client's web infrastructure, and back-end database development. You would work on testing and improving our site usability, constructing SQL queries, and ensuring optimal performance on a variety of browsers as well as developing other web-based technical solutions that meet business requirements.
As a senior role, you would also be responsible for guiding the entirety of the design process through its completion, collaborating with developers to ensure accurate implementation and would be charged with leading the department's testing program to ensure end user's needs are being met. This position will report to the Application Development Manager in the IT Department.
What You’ll Do:
The essential duties for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to handle projects from conceptualization through delivery. Develop and apply creative designs, ensuring that content meets brand standards and targets the intended audience.
- Works with research and product partners to define testing needs, develop testing strategies, determine the most effective usability evaluation methods (formal and informal usability testing, low-fidelity prototype testing, expert review, heuristic review, walk-through) to best validate an idea or concept.
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, engineers, and stakeholders to interpret business needs and end-user requirements to develop innovative solutions that improve the lives of end-users and meet business needs.
- Create all typical outputs for a UX designer, including wireframes, storyboards, journey maps, prototypes, production-ready interface designs and assets, and whiteboard sketches.
- Design digital products across multiple channels and platforms, for both general and targeted public consumption.
- Analyze user data, evaluations, and feedback, as well as performance metrics, competitive analysis, and industry trends to recommend ways to improve the user experience and transform them into well-designed features and interfaces.
- Practice Lean UX by iterating quickly and delivering the exact amount of information that product and engineering need to deliver a great experience.
- Apply usability engineering methods to establish user requirements, test design solutions, and evaluate product implementation.
- Lead the work with other designers, product and development partners, as well as project managers to ensure implementation of the specific designs.
- Use and contribute to our design system to ensure continuity across all of our work.
- Participate in Scrum processes, foster continual communication with developers and provide speedy feedback in regards to your design choices.
What You’ll Bring to the Role:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent relevant work experience
- Minimum of 2 years of similar or related work experience to the UX Designer/Developer position
- Experience in UX tools such as Adobe, Figma, Photoshop, Sketch, Requirements mapping, and agile workflow
- Ability to work independently and with coworkers and share knowledge as part of a team
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, ability to get along well in diverse cultures with diverse personalities whether local or virtual
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive as well as responsive —and able to recognize and support the organization’s preferences and priorities
- Strong attention to detail