Advantage Tech is searching for a Substation-Relays Superintendent to work for their client based out of the Kansas City Metro Area.
*1. Ensure the effective operation and availability of substations and water pumping stations by contributing to an on-going preventive maintenance program.
*2. Ensure the availability of electrical service by the recovery of substation power during storms or other unforeseen conditions.
*3. Oversee the commissioning of substation implementations including new construction and system upgrades. Ensure timely completion of construction and maintenance projects by directing and effectively scheduling crew make-up.
*4. Ensure the effective operation and testing of protective relaying systems, AC/DC control schemes, telecommunications, and other electrical/mechanical substation and pump station equipment.
*5. Provide support to commercial and industrial customers by analyzing power quality reports, voltage complaints, system outages, and other electric service issues.
*6. Maintain accurate records for all relay assets through the use of field forms and electronic database systems.
*7. Provide effective subject matter expert (SME) support for all federal and state compliance programs and work with compliance office in completing on related matters.
*8. Cross train in all substation maintenance areas and provide supervision support (as needed) for the Substation Linemen.
*9. Ensure an effective work environment that promotes productivity, safety and quality work.
*10. Assure an effective, efficient and well-motivated employee resource by providing Equal Employment Opportunity in the areas of the hire and promotion of qualified individuals, the training, development and empowerment of employees, and the fair and consistent administration of performance evaluation and discipline, as consistent with Board policy.
* Denotes essential function
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and five (5) years of substation maintenance related work experience is required
- In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree an Associate’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics or related filed and ten (10) years of substation maintenance related work experience will be considered
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to possess and maintain a valid driver’s license as required by the state of Kansas for vehicle(s) operated
- Knowledge of utility transmission and distribution systems
- Knowledge in the areas of protective relaying schemes, AC/DC control systems, SCADA, transformers, and breaker systems
- Ability to develop and implement a preventative and corrective maintenance programs, electrical wiring and commission testing procedures
- The skills to supervise substation personnel with performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed