Advantage Tech is looking for a System Admin for our Lenexa, KS Client.
Job Description Summary
Advantage Tech is seeking a System Administrator for our Client's team, to support our growing 24/7/365 Datacenter operation. Successful candidates will have a passion for technology, demonstrated success in managing large-scale IT environments, and excellent communication skills. Experience administering server operating systems, shell scripting, J2SE/J2EE applications, database management systems, SQL, high availability technologies, and network hardware required. Candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in CS/CE and 3+ years of experience in IT. Programming background is a plus.
- Day-to-day administration of the Datacenter network, servers, and platform software
- Development and support of automation routines
- Acting as an escalation point for Datacenter-related customer issues
- Providing technical support to internal users
- Reviewing system data and responding to incidents
- Performing routine maintenance and upgrades on systems/software
What you will need to be successful:
- A passion for technology
- Must be self-directed
- Must have excellent troubleshooting skills
- Experience with Windows servers
- Experience with Java (JVM) administration/troubleshooting
- Experience with shell scripting (Windows shell/PowerShell/bash) for automation
- Experience with Python for automation
- Experience with Cisco firewalls
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with Active Directory
- Tomcat/Wildfly experience is a plus
- Apache Web Server experience is a plus
- Information Security experience/credentials are a plus
- Programming background is a plus
Advantage Tech is proud to be recognized as Kansas City Business Journal’s #1 locally owned IT staffing firm. We are passionate about delivering world-class service and value to our consultants and clients.
Please visit www.advantagetech.net to learn more about our culture, benefits and career opportunities.