Advantage Tech is searching for a System Administrator to join their client's organization in Lenexa, KS
This candidate will be supporting users and technology projects in an environment consisting of Windows based applications delivered over Xenapp 6.5/Remote Desktop Services, Server 2008 R2/2012, VMware, IIS 7.5, and Active Directory.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Perform day-to-day maintenance, troubleshooting, optimization, and administration of Windows systems.
- Create and manage domain, user/computer objects, accounts, and permissions.
- Evaluates, makes recommendations, and implements server changes and improvements based on current and changing technologies.
- Administer supporting technologies such as enterprise anti-virus, WSUS, SAN, backup technologies.
- Desktop Support (ERP solution, Office 365, Windows 7, Windows 10)
- Participates in a 7×24 on-call rotation. On-call incidents are light.
– Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
– Telephony systems experience in a call center environment a plus.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- The ability to prioritize tasks and make deadlines on a daily basis in a dynamic environment.
- The ability to provide quality results and have great enthusiasm for learning new systems and technologies.
- Strong troubleshooting skill set including the ability to define the problem, study data, draw valid conclusions, and achieve positive results with little guidance.
- The ability to learn, grasp, and retain a variety of procedures and information and be able to effectively and consistently apply this knowledge.
- The ability to read and interpret technical documents, write effective documentation, and correspond effectively and professionally with all organizational levels of the company.
- The ability to work in a team environment and work effectively with people with diverse technical skills.
- 2+ years of Windows System Administration experience with Server 2008 R2 – 2016.
- Experience with Server upgrades and data migrations (file server, print server, etc.)
- Working knowledge of command line and PowerShell basics.
- Understating and working knowledge of PBX and VOIP phone systems
- Technical certifications (MCSA, MCSE or equivalent network technologies) strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of network technologies such as DNS, DHCP, Cisco Meraki, and HP Switching.
- Hardware experience with HP and Dell server hardware.
- Working knowledge of NAS and iSCSI storage technologies.
- Experience working with VMware virtualization.
- Working understanding of SQL 2008 R2.