Advantage Tech is looking for a Systems Engineer for our Memphis Client.
The Store Systems Infrastructure Systems Engineer is a talented team member driving the implementation, virtualization, storage, core automation and support of test store environments. Will play a very important role in the maintenance and upkeep of production store systems. Responsibilities will range from developing and implementing infrastructure automation and engineering disciplines. Will work closely with other internal teams to ensure both existing and new processes, procedures and operational practices meet or exceed the reliability, stability and time-to-delivery needs of the company.
What Your Day Will Look Like:
We expect you to easily collaborate with other IT engineers and support staff to deliver and refine the overall team strategy. You will be responsible supporting the hardware, operating systems, deployments, and test infrastructure that maintains and operates our store infrastructure.
- Ad hoc troubleshooting and setup of hardware for in-house test stores in collaboration with our development, QA, and business partners
- Responsible for owning the infrastructure automation, provisioning, deprovisioning, patching and operational stability of the core infrastructure environment of stores
- Resolve highly technical issues quickly, creatively, and efficiently with a high sense of urgency.
- Continuous intellectual curiosity along with a desire to grow your own knowledge while also mentoring and growing others
- Responsible for the planning and implementation of new systems including roll-out support, business partner training, performance monitoring and ongoing maintenance of existing systems
- Higher tier support for store systems’ OS and hardware
- With little supervision, deliver on tasks and assignments independently and in team settings
Skills and Experience We Want to See:
- Minimum 5 years of administrator experience in Linux, preferably Red Hat, CentOS, or OEL distributions, both in a VM environment, as well as physical installations
- Strong shell scripting knowledge and system troubleshooting skills
- Strong experience with Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC), configuration management, and related technologies
- Experience with automation tools like Ansible, bash, Python, and other Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) concepts and using those or similar technologies to manage infrastructure
- Systems analysis and consulting skills, along with a continual desire and capacity to learn
- Good presentation and documentation skills
- Minimum of 5 years of IT infrastructure experience
- Understanding of agile project processes, Jira, and source code management (Git)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or similar field