Systems Admin II
Advantage Tech is partnered with a large steel manufacturing company for a System Admin II opening. They are growing and need to add to their expanding team.
- Performs routine maintenance procedures as well as troubleshooting and repair of servers, applications, and related hardware and software (Windows server, VMWare, Active Directory/Azure Active Directory, M365, GPO, DNS, DHCP, DFS)
- Troubleshoot the following Windows server roles: GPO, DHCP, DNS, NPS, WSUS, IIS, AD, DFS
- Monitors system logs and monitoring systems to ensure proper functioning of server and security functions
- Support the Server/Storage Administrators in the maintenance of server technologies including physical and virtual servers and operating systems.
- Provide hands on support for the server and network teams to maintain and monitor local infrastructure.
- Support of storage and server backups, network files and storage volume management.
- Monitor and ensure backups are completed successfully for the location.
- Provide level II administrative and technical management of site configuration options in coordination with infrastructure standards.
- Maintain software and OS patching is current across the enterprise.
- Maintain enterprise software tools and deployments to secure the Network, Server and Desktop environment. (Clarification – what tools do we use in the environment )
- Participate in the deployment of new infrastructure technologies, including the VMware landscape, network, print services, or other devices supporting strategic efforts or lifecycle management.
- Support the administration of the Microsoft Windows server landscape, including basic server deployments, server patch management, and storage management, with guidance from infrastructure engineers.
- Assist in developing and maintaining enterprise desktop standards, including all hardware (Servers, PCs, printers, etc.) and software
- Provides support to end users and IT teams by assisting with incidents and requests
- Assist in planning for roll outs or other engagements as well as performing Root Cause Analysis for reported incidents.
- Write or review documentation related to all help desk support issues as needed, including help sheets and FAQ lists for end users, as well as reviewing documentation prior to service transition from other groups.
- Assists employees in the remote offices with desktop and laptop support, along with providing support in addressing support tickets generated from the Service Desk ticketing system.
- Recommend solutions to keep desktops at a supportable level, which includes adherence to standards and systems roadmap.
- Manage anti-virus & anti-spyware solutions for the enterprise.
- Manage and maintain all print services including recommendations for procurement, installation and configuration of printers providing comprehensive support.
Production support services
- Provide off hours on call support rotation for resolution of business and technical support issues for desktops, telephony, servers, systems, network equipment and print services.
- Provide local/remote technical support to our clients.
- Active problem solver.
- Understanding of IT support ticketing systems.
- Deploy computers and peripherals (computers, monitors, printers, etc.).
- Install software packages on PC's and Laptops.
- Troubleshoot software applications.
- Manage document library and inventory of assets.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Document, track, and monitor the problem to ensure timely resolution.
- Manage vendor relationships for purchasing PC equipment and software.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field of study is preferred.
- Performance Management. A well-organized and self-directed individual who is a team player.
- Communication Proficiency. An intelligent, reliable, and articulate individual, who can relate to people at all levels of an organization, possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Problem Solving/Analysis. Excellent prioritization, efficient problem solver and time management skills. Detail orientated.
- Planning: The ability to organize, manage multiple tasks, adaptable to change, and a passion for managing projects to conclusion on time.
- Highly self-motivated; able to operate autonomously or on a team in a dynamic environment.
- Strong fit with the Company’s culture and unwavering commitment to customer (internal/external) satisfaction.
- Professional appearance and behavior, including punctuality.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 4+ years of experience as a Systems Administrator
- Candidate should have experience with Microsoft, PowerShell, Dell, and Cloud computing technologies
- Minimum of 4+ years supporting a Microsoft Windows 7/10/11 workstation environment.
- Minimum of 4+ years supporting Microsoft Office (2016, 2019 and O365)
- Minimum of 4+ years setting up, configuring & troubleshooting PC & laptop hardware.
- Minimum of 4+ years patching workstations and managing AV security solutions.
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience providing support in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience supporting a SharePoint environment.
- Microsoft certifications recommended (Microsoft 365/Azure Admin Cert, Network+, MCSA).
- Experience working in company with a focus on M&A preferred.
- Understands networks, firewalls, server dependencies, TCIP, subnets, and databases.
- Good knowledge of Endpoint Security (Cisco Amp, Defender, Mimecast, etc.).
- Job related experience with Azure Active Directory, Group Policy, and Windows Server OS.
- Job related experience with Jira Service Management is a plus or other Service Desk tools.
If this is something you would be interested in, please apply!