Are you looking for an opportunity where you can be cross trained in many functions of the business and IT? This organization is adding to their team due to growth and promotion. Work for an awesome mentor, boss and team!
Under supervision, the Windows Systems Administrator provides support for all the VMware and Windows systems in the infrastructure environment. The Windows Systems Administrator is responsible for installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software. This will include Windows systems (versions 2008 through 2016) and virtualization platforms (VMware ESXi 6.0). This position will be responsible for troubleshooting complex issues and making recommendations for remediating and improving the environment.
- Responsible for administration and operation of VMware environment and all Windows servers. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, creating users, maintaining host, configuring host, performing updates, e-mail archiving/filtering, and applying patches.
- Ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems and related procedures adhere to defined standards while applying organizational change management processes.
- Ensure all Windows servers are backed up and recoverable.
- Install and configure new Windows servers.
- Support and maintain Microsoft Active Directory Services.
- Provide third-level support for PC issues.
- Assist with application troubleshooting related to server and/or network infrastructure.
- Create and maintains server administration documentation.
- Create and maintains systems and disaster recovery documentation.
- Evaluate and test new server and infrastructure technologies.
- Assist Manager in developing and maintaining server and network operations standards and best practices.
- Assist Manager in determining needed hardware and software upgrades of servers and network infrastructure.
- Design and Implement new Systems to support business efforts.
- Provide support in on-call rotation
- Intermediate experience with administration and deployment for all Windows operating systems. Windows 2008 through 2016: Active Directory, Group Policies, DNS. CIFS, DFS, Security.
- Solid understanding of Active Directory management and structure.
- Solid understanding of GPO structure hierarchy.
- Experience with administration and deployment of VMware vSphere suite.
- Advanced troubleshooting knowledge with Windows and vSphere.
- Backup: Working knowledge of SMVI, DPM, and familiarity with Veeam.
- Network: Knowledge of basic routing protocols, TCP/IP, troubleshooting network issues.
- Applications: Knowledge of Exchange 2010, Symantec, IIS, SQL, SCCM, Solarwinds (monitoring)
- Hardware: Working knowledge of Dell Rack mounted servers (R640, R740).
- Storage: Good understanding of RAID, SAN, SAS, and SATA.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and colleagues in individual and group settings.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 3+ years of Windows systems design and deployment experience.
- 2+ years of virtualization systems administration experience
- Microsoft Windows and VMware vendor certification desired but not required: VCP, MCITP and/or MCSE12.