Advantage Tech is searching for a qualified Systems Analyst/CIS Developer for their client based out of Kansas City.
The position is responsible for professional work in developing and supporting a Cayenta v7.9 Customer Information System (CIS) and applications and system processes supporting an Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) for the Utilities Smart Metering System.
The incumbent must be highly skilled with IT development experience in support of such systems.
The incumbent will focus on developing solutions that satisfy business requirements at an agreed upon cost and schedule.
Must be able to share knowledge of and provide training on the functionality of the Cayenta CIS software to help insure the most efficient and effective use of the application.
The incumbent must be able to provide application development and analyst support to the Utilities Smart Metering AMI.
The incumbent will be expected to work self-motivated with minimal supervision.
MINIMAL EDUCATIONAL/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field. Five (5) years demonstrated work experience.
- Must possess knowledge of use and capabilities of business applications and operational systems and peripheral equipment.
- Must be a Customer Information System (CIS) Application Subject Matter Expert for the Cayenta Utility Management System (UMS) application.
- Must be experienced in programming and in applying knowledge of programming languages.
- Strong SQL development skills
- Java, VB, Access development skills
- Actuate, Cognos report development skills
- Knowledge or Experience in the Utility Industry a plus.
- Knowledge of AMI Smart Grid/Smart Metering Systems a plus
- Honeywell/Elster Metering Systems
- Siemens Meter Data Management (MDM) (eMeter Energy IP, Activity Gateway)
- Experience working with Service Bus integrations.
- Software AG WebMethods Enterprise Service Bus
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and excel at meeting deadlines
- Must possess strong interpersonal communication, problem solving, analytical, and possess customer service focus skills.
- Must be proficient in MS Office and SharePoint
- Must possess excellent written and verbal skills.
1. Provide expert judgment and analysis for the design, development and implementation of technical projects and systems.
2. Define the nature and objective of the system or system improvements to be developed. *
3. Resolve highly complex technical issues and conducts advanced research. *
4. Prepare program specifications for assigned projects. *
5. Lead the formulation and review of plans outlining steps required to develop programs to meet staff and user requirements.
6. Executing, Coding, assembling, de-bugging and documenting programs. *
7. Monitor the performance of applications and process after implementation to insure optimum execution of solutions.
*Denotes essential function