IT Systems Analyst
We are seeking a talented and motivated individual to become an integral part of our IT team. The Systems Analyst requires an individual with the capacity to decompose our current stack of applications, identify opportunities for improved user experience and efficiencies while working hand in hand with our users.
The ability to develop integration designs and documentation for technology solutions supported internally or by a third-party vendor is a must. Design documentation includes Scope, FSD’s, flowcharts, object modeling, and wireframing UI concepts. The candidate must be comfortable creating well-structured project plans, engaging with customers/vendors/consultants as needed and driving projects to completion on time and within budget. Must possess a high level of organization to streamline project tracking and creating organic efficiencies.
This role also requires an individual with a development background to bridge the gap between technology and business. Additionally, a very strong analytical skillset is imperative to develop a deep understanding of current and future technology investments; to drive innovation. Though development is not the primary focus of this role, we may need you to roll up your sleeves and develop scripts leveraging our middleware solution or extract data from our array of databases using SQL and ETL scripting.
Our client provides a data conduit to our users via Dimensional Insight’s Business Intelligence Solution, better known as Diver. The System Analyst must possess the ability to become the subject matter expert for designing data cubes/objects, understanding how to define and create impactful KPIs, and disseminate this information by generation vibrant reports, dashboards, and mobile design interfaces.
Lastly, this role will work closely with our Help Desk team; providing assistance troubleshooting issues and answering escalated questions.
• Lead meetings related to application focused discussions to review and gather information regarding gaps in business requirements, compile and breakdown those requirements, and determine approach to fulfill those requirements leveraging existing technology investments or pursuing new ones.
• Manage vendors/consultants targeting excellent value for their time and results.
• Understand our business solutions and each integration point to appropriately diagnose and expediently support our business users.
• Lead and/or assist in training our users in adapting to software improvements or learn how to use entirely new solutions. Create training plans and class room documentation to guide the training session succinctly and within the allocated time window.
• Assist with system upgrades by engaging with vendors and services, creating and executing against a detailed project plan and conducting several iterations of testing before promoting changes to minimize impacts to end users.
• Steer internal discussions to prioritize software enhancements and software projects.
• Adhere to current documentation methodologies and contributes to existing knowledgebase.
• Share thoughts openly with team in a constructive and conducive manner.
• Protect the organization’s value and integrity by keeping ALL company and personnel information strictly confidential.
• Field calls and resolve issues outside normal work hours should they occur.
• Bachelor’s degree in CIS, Computer Science, MIS or related field of study, or equivalent work experience (4+ years)
• Mid-Level development background in main stream language (i.e. C#, Java, RPG ILE, C++)
• Experience using Integrated Design Environment
• Knowledge of relational database concepts
• MS SQL experience for ETL scripting using MS SQL Server Management Studio
• Basic understanding of Website Management
o SSL / Cert registration
• Understanding of integration technologies and techniques
o API/Web Services
o XML/Delimited Files
• Experience using software application such as Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Visio
• Understanding and experience in:
o Enterprise Solution / Route Accounting Software (RAS)
o Business Intelligence Systems
o Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
o Mobile Solutions
• Experience using iOS devices and applications, MDM is a plus
• Ability to see the bigger picture and conversely break down overall projects into detailed steps for execution
• Support business users with a positive and approachable manner and possess solid communication skills
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
• Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills
• Adaptability to change and able to manage competing demands. Demonstrate a sense of urgency and reliability.
• Self-confidence and a professional demeanor. Must be a self-starter with a strong work ethic who takes the initiative to get things done.
• Must be organized, self-motivated, adaptable and have a strong desire to embrace and drive change.
• Positive attitude towards daily work, team members, and customers.
• Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
Candidate will receive a market-competitive salary depending on candidate criteria and commensurate with role and responsibilities within the organization. Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, 401k, etc.) and tuition reimbursement are also provided. offers this full benefits package in addition to a fun, interactive working environment.