Advantage Tech is searching for a Systems Developer to join their client's team in Lee's Summit, MO.
The Systems Developer is the primary individual responsible for the creation and modification of software developed in-house and used within the client's organization.
- Development of custom software applications as well as integration of these custom applications with commercially available applications.
- Functional responsibility also includes database administration for multiple databases across multiple applications.
- Database administration encompasses modification of tables and data as well as data migration and real time synchronization between systems.
- Development aspects include gathering the business requirements, design of the solution architecture, and programming the necessary software.
- This individual will be responsible for development of both the back-end database and front-end web interface.
- The Systems Developer will also engage and coordinate additional software development support by third-parties as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with end-users to identify software development requirements;
- Perform database design and development for custom software;
- Lead user web interface development for custom software;
- Document database and software design;
- Integrate databases between custom software and commercially available software;
- Perform complex database queries upon request;
- Identify design requirements for portions of software developed by third-parties;
- Coordinate development activities by third-party developers;
- Other tasks as may be needed from time to time
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent;
- Minimum five years software development experience;
- Experience developing software applications from start to finish;
- Experience in telecommunications industry a plus
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficient with SQL including experience with database design, stored procedures, and complex queries (MS SQL Server experience preferred);
- Able to translate business requirements into software design requirements;
- Able to establish and meet milestone objectives for complex projects;
- Strong oral and written communications;
- Strong aptitude to learn new programming languages / techniques;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Software