Looking to be part of a digital transformation? This company is truly creating an IT team and needs your help at the helm! The company offers great growth opportunity and some of the best benefits in Omaha!
Systems Engineer is responsible for the design and integration strategy of new applications, as well as modifications to legacy applications. This individual will also be responsible for the development of new and legacy applications, the gathering and documenting of requirements and the unit testing and ongoing maintenance of all applications. The position requires regular communication with the company’s clients and will report directly to the company’s director of technology. A strong work ethic, good communication skills and the ability to work within a team are a must.
Ideal candidates will have the following experience.
- Writing applications with socket level TCP/IP or serial communication
- Maintaining a data-centric legacy codebase
- Reverse engineering (with vendor support) industry/vendor specific protocols
- Experience with Scientific Computing libraries in Python, possibly a background in chemical science / laboratory processes
- Experience in C# (.NET Core)
- Referenceable commit history toward Open Source projects
- Familiarity with agile development processes
- In-depth knowledge of GNU/Linux networking and shell scripting
- Experience designing and developing data centric applications with MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Engineering expertise surrounding the design of data structures and algorithms
- Experience maintaining the codebase of legacy Java desktop applications
- Strong background in GNU/Linux Server Administration including knowledge of SELinux/AuditD
- Experience writing/maintaining Perl scripts for CGI and batch processing
- Proficiency developing and documenting Web Services and APIs
- Experience optimizing SQL queries against MySQL (legacy versions) and PostgreSQL
Education and Training:
- BS, MS, in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent); Masters preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in software development