Seeking a Systems Engineer to provide high level of customer service by providing end user support to clients in a timely manner.
The ideal candidate will have advanced technical support of Windows and/or Linux based server systems, virtualization technology, shared storage, email and unified communications, security access controls, data networking, backup/DR, etc.
The SE also requires personal and administrative skills, such as initiative, time management, prioritization, multi-tasking, project assessment, scoping, estimation, time allocation/tracking, documentation, communication, and testing and solution deployment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides advanced technical support for each client’s server-based systems and environment as a whole
- Provides advanced technical support for each client’s collaborative technology, including email and unified communication systems
- Provides intermediate technical support for each client’s virtualization and shared storage environments
- Provides intermediate technical support for each client’s data network, including configuration, performance and security
- Works with the Data Services team to monitor and respond to events to ensure client system uptime and stability
- Ensures change control and other processes and procedures are followed and that configuration documentation is completed when systems are deployed or modified
- Responsible for engaging and managing vendor escalations, as required
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge of operating systems, such as Microsoft Windows and Active Directory
- Knowledge of authentication and directory services (Active Directory), etc.
- Knowledge with Windows system management tools, philosophies and method
- Understanding of Windows automation (scripting, imaging, installation, management)
- Knowledge of antivirus/malware and patch management technologies
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking (DNS, DHCP, RAS, VPN)
- Knowledge of collaborative technologies, such as Microsoft Exchange
- Intermediate understanding of virtualization concepts and functional working skills with various virtualization technologies (create/modify virtual machines, create storage groups, snapshot, clone/export, etc.)
- Intermediate knowledge of shared storage concepts and functional working skills with various shared storage technologies (provisioning LUNs, expanding volumes, configuring RAID, etc.)
- Intermediate knowledge of network concepts and functional working skills with various network technologies (create vLAN, create static route, diagnose routing problems, configure ports, etc.)
- Strong understanding of Windows and network security best practices and strategies