Advantage Tech is looking for a System/Network Administrator for our Overland Park Client.
The Systems/Network Administrator plays an integral role in design, implementation, monitoring, maintenance, and security of the information technology infrastructure and core business applications. Areas of responsibility include physical server room and networking spaces, converged virtualization and SAN storage infrastructure, physical and virtual servers, networking components, Active Directory and other activities as necessary.
Successful applicants are able to perform the following with or without reasonable consideration:
- Monitors systems for optimum performance and availability
- Installs, configures, and maintains systems
- Systems security: Patch management, security compliance, vulnerability assessments, etc.
- Performs essential functions related to systems backup and disaster recovery
- Provides support escalation, backup coverage, and mentoring for Help Desk personnel
- Implements and monitors corporate security policies
- Manages multiple projects, activities and tasks with limited supervision
- Participates in on-call support rotation and planned off-hours maintenance
- Supports a multi-site office environment with some travel required
Education & Experience
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a Systems/Network Administration role
- Bachelor degree in information systems or comparable combination of education and relevant work experience
Required Skills & Knowledge
- Strong foundational knowledge in the administration of Microsoft Windows domain environment including: Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, WSUS, Windows Server, etc. is required
- VMware based virtualization technologies
- SAN storage
- VOIP phone system administration
- Web application administration
- Firewall configuration and management
- Vulnerability assessment tools and remediation processes
- Virtual Private Networking (VPN)
- Systems and procedures documentation
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Willingness to develop competency in new technologies as required
Advantage Tech is proud to be recognized as Kansas City Business Journal’s #1 locally owned IT staffing firm. We are passionate about delivering world-class service and value to our consultants and clients.
Please visit www.advantagetech.net to learn more about our culture, benefits and career opportunities.