Advantage Tech is searching for a Lead Java Developer to work for their client based out of Overland Park, KS
The Team Lead Java Developer is responsible for leading the client's software development team. This position will partner with the Chief Technology Officer to drive agile development processes to ensure deadlines and product requirements are met.
The ideal candidate is passionate about architecting and creating products that make a
difference for users and businesses. This individual enjoys dividing their time between
development tasks and leadership activities.
Essential Software Engineer Functions:
- Architecture of a SaaS Point of Sale System.
- Produce clean, efficient code based on specifications.
- Verify and deploy programs and systems.
- Troubleshoot, debug, and upgrade software.
- Recommend and execute improvements.
- Create technical documentation for reference and reporting.
Essential Team Lead Functions:
- Provides leadership to the client's software development team, including onshore and nearshore developers. This involves hiring and on-boarding, setting expectations and goals for the department and individual employees, and evaluating employee performance and providing feedback.
- Responsible for meeting deadlines, product quality, and ensuring the end product meets the initial requirements.
- Define and drive buy-in for the team’s technical direction, agile development processes, and culture.
- Report on the status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to leadership.
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science strongly preferred.
- Minimum of seven (7) years working as a Java Software Engineer required; minimum of two (2) years working as a Team Lead required.
- Experience with Agile development process required.
- Retail Inventory Management or Point of Sale experience a plus.
- RESTful JSON APIs
- Spring Boot
- Maven and/or Ant
- Amazon Web Services
- JIRA or similar
- IntelliJ IDEA or similar
- GitLab or similar
- Docker or Kubernetes
- Jenkins or similar
- Java Swing
- Unit Testing
- Demonstrated ability in hiring, mentoring, and developing highly effective Software Engineers.
- Detailed knowledge of software engineering practices and agile methodologies.
- Demonstrates ownership of projects by taking initiative, being accountable, and meeting deadlines.
- Able to build and maintain effective working relationships in a team environment, with a diverse group and across functional areas.
- Demonstrates the ability for clear and effective verbal and written communications; demonstrates active listening skills.Ability to present options to stakeholders and facilitate effective decision making in a group setting.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to connect business strategy to team execution; and simplify complex or ambiguous ideas into digestible and concrete concepts and requirements.
- The ability to think creatively with a focus on providing something of value.