Advantage Tech is looking for someone to provide tier-two technical and testing support for customers across all electronic access platforms. Promptly identifies, troubleshoots, and resolves intermediate to complex end-user computer software, hardware, and networking issues.
· Provide tier-two technical support to customer service representatives in the Customer Contact Center (CCC) and tier-one support for the largest customers.
· Technical support includes network connectivity and/or other issues related to browser configuration, software, firewalls, middleware installation and configuration (primarily Connect: Direct and MQ), VPN/router installation and configuration, etc.
· Researches complex customer inquiries using a variety of tools and resources.
· Participates in and supports moderately complex System-level projects, such as implementation/upgrades of end-user hardware and software.
· Utilizes on-site lab to emulate customer environment for troubleshooting purposes.
· Utilizes on-site lab to test new products and service offerings, including cloud-based services
· Create and maintain technical cloud documentation for designs
· Develop cloud based testing use cases and detailed testing plans that map to the documented business and technical requirements, complies with security specifications and policies and industry standard / generally accepted testing practices. Coordinate technical and end-user resources to execute detailed tests and analyze testing results.
· Document and communicate issues, solutions, and timelines to appropriate stakeholders.
· Provides testing support to the largest customers during evenings and on Saturdays, as needed.
· Creates, updates, and maintains procedures/documentation.
· Represents the Customer Contact Center on high severity System-level outage calls.
· Provides rotational, after hours (on-call) support, as needed.
· May develop or facilitate training classes.
· Associate’s degree from a two-year college or technical school or equivalent combination of education and/or work related experience. Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university preferred.
· Server Operating System Administration certification(s), or completion of classes toward applicable server operating system administration certifications preferred.
· At least two years of experience with network administration and user support.
· Strong working knowledge of multiple hardware/software platforms and applications.
· Strong initiative, analytical skills, and customer service skills.
· Ability to quickly grasp in depth understanding of procedures and automated systems.
· Interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
· Ability to multi-task and communicate technical concepts to end-users.
· Position requires working weeknights (e.g., until 7:30 PM CT), working some Saturdays, and occasional after hours (on-call) support.
· Preferred Qualifications:
· Prefer Networking certification(s), Active Directory certification(s), Server Operating System Administration certification(s), or completion of classes toward related certifications.
· Preferred working knowledge of cloud based platforms (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, etc.
· Preferred certifications include: Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), CCNA Cloud, Cisco Certified Entry Network Technician (CCENT), Comp TIA Network+, etc.
This position has additional screening requirements due to the information accessed while preforming the job. These additional screenings would be initiated at the time of offer acceptance and can take up to a couple of months to be completed. You can begin work before the screening is completed; however, continued employment is contingent on acceptable screening results. The areas screened may include education/employment verification, criminal history, credit history, and reference checksSubmit Resume