Advantage Tech is looking for a Technical Lead for our Kansas City, MO Client.
The Technical Lead is responsible for the overall planning, execution and success of complex software solutions to meet the customer’s needs. They are the sounding board for their technical staff, the voice of Engineering and Design to other business functions, and provides recommendations to the manager concerning critical technical decisions that can make or break a project. Leads an IT solutions development or package integration team comprised of a team of BA’s, Developers, Package SME’s, Testers, Solution Architect(s) and a PM. Creates a technical vision in order to turn it into reality with the help of the team.
· Identify and clears roadblocks for the team.
· Develop a model of consistent velocity for the team, and demonstrate the ability to deliver on estimates.
· Ability to break a task down to the lowest possible complexity for team members to work on.
· Accountable for the technical delivery of projects.
· Carefully analyzes the project and rectifies errors found in the development/implementation process.
· Leads the process of analysis in order to fulfil the requirement of system, end-to-end.
· Develops the detailed design structure after understanding the requirements and the conceptual design and architectural standards.
· Implements the best practices and coding/configuration standards of the product.
· Reports progress for all the weekly tasks in the form of accurate and detailed reports.
· Minimize the translation layer by bringing business terms into the development team
· Keeps a check on the whole system, which includes all phases of testing.
· Works on identifying project risks and plans mitigation with the PM at project level.
· Must be proactive while reacting to the surprises and should have written explanation for the same.
· Ensures that the Team is working as per the listed procedures, standards, requirements, quality, and user expectations.
· Constantly monitor and enhance the productivity of the team while identifying and eliminating waste.
· Inspire team members.
· Be flexible and demonstrate adaptability to the changing and varied work settings.
· Should carefully analyze the details of all the work performed by the Team.
· Serve as the primary interface between the team and management on projects they are leading.
· With the Manager, Sets targets and expectations for the team.
· Take accountability for the activities from product definition through implementation.
· Abide by all the project and company guidelines and standards and ensures that even the team members are doing so.
· With the Manager, Ensure fair tasks assignments where people are assigned with tasks aligned to their skills and team need.
· Constantly motivate and encourage team to give their best, especially during the time when they are pressured with aggressive targets.
· Make yourself completely aware with all the technologies thoroughly especially the ones associated with the technologies or application being developed/implemented is under construction.
· Find ways for non-technical people to understand technical concepts through great communication
· Mentor the staff on their team, provide feedback on their work frequently, and encourage and promote best technology practices
· Requires a Bachelor’s degree in a Computer Information Services or a related field.
· Requires 6+ years’ experience in project analysis, application development and application programming.
· Additional years of qualifying work experience may be considered in lieu of formal education.
· Requires knowledge of Microsoft Software (MS Visual Studio and MS Server Products), MS Office Products, SQL server products, VB Scripting or related scripting languages.
· Requires effective communication and presentation skills and the ability to lead multi-disciplinary development teams.
· Excellent technical, diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
· Requires extensive knowledge of desktop technology, including Windows operating systems, security agents, application delivery systems such as SCCM and InTune
· Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Tools, including Microsoft 365, Teams and related components
· Deep understanding of network protocols and transport, VPN, and Citrix application layering
· Proficient in PowerShell scripting, with experience in process automation
· Experience with writing and applying GPOs to a distributed laptop environment
· Experience with writing and applying GPOs across a multi-server Citrix environment
· Demonstrated technical acumen in web technologies and Windows Server in a virtual environment
· Experience with monitoring tools such as NetScout, NetBrain, SolarWinds, and Splunk
· Experience with SASE solutions such as Zscaler, Netskope
· Experience with security planning, infrastructure development, risk mitigation planning and project lifecycle management
Advantage Tech is proud to be recognized as Kansas City Business Journal’s #1 locally owned IT staffing firm. We are passionate about delivering world-class service and value to our consultants and clients.
Please visit www.advantagetech.net to learn more about our culture, benefits and career opportunities.