Advantage Tech is assisting a top client of ours with a Technical Project Manager III position.
The Technical Project Manager III plans, and manages delivery of solutions and business objectives. These efforts include coordinating the initiatives of multiple matrixed teams and external clients in order to deliver according to plan and Service Level Agreement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs
- Communicate expectations in accordance with the project plan, in order to align the stakeholders and project team members.
- Measure project performance to identify and quantify variances and perform required corrective actions
- Execute tasks as defined in the project plan.
- Create a project organization structure by defining roles and responsibilities
- Identify and mitigate project risk impacts on the project.
- Record detailed customer requirements, constraints, and assumptions with stakeholders in order to establish the project deliverables, using various requirement-gathering techniques (e.g., planning sessions, brainstorming, focus groups)
- Improve team performance by leading, mentoring, training, motivating, and building team cohesiveness,
- Communicates and provide support to stakeholders to establish strong rapport.
- Demonstrates client's core values and beliefs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field.
- Five plus years of Project Management Experience – CAPM, PMP or similar designation preferred
- Ten to fifteen years’ total technology experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage a project using a variety of methodologies (Waterfall, Scrum, Kanban, etc).
- Demonstrated understanding of project lifecycle in complex technical environments.
- Knowledge of project management tools and software such as Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, SharePoint, Jira, etc.
- Participation in the full software development life cycle.
- Experience with third-party system support with preference given to insurance / financial services platforms.
- Knowledge of IT systems, governance and compliance.
- Proven problem solving, decision making, analytical and organizational skills are required.
- Ability to tailor communications and influence critical decisions with a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to work within broadly defined parameters.
- Strong results orientation, organization and management skills.
- Ability to lead and focus the efforts of others to established goal.
- Ability to effectively drive results with cross-functional teams in a matrixed organization.
- Experience with conversions and implementations.
- Ability to mentor junior Technical Project Managers as required.
- Ability to develop relationships, with a strong focus on communication and change management.
- Knowledge of annuities and life products
- 1-2 years in an Agile environment preferred
- PMI- ACP, CSM or equivalent preferred
- Ability to travel a minimum of 10% of the time.