Advantage Tech is looking for Technical Support Consultant II for a client of ours in Topeka, KS.
Brief Description of Job Duties:
Perform technical administrative duties/tasks for the agency’s server and networking infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot incident tickets and provide Tier 2 and Tier 3 support.
- Provide documentation on each incident resolution and help establish formal standards and procedures to be used in supporting computer users.
- This position provides advanced technical work advising and assisting computer users in solving problems in distributed computing environment. Serves as subject matter expert providing consultation to users and staff for the most complex problems.
- Work includes installation of hardware and software, troubleshooting, configuring client server based application software for LAN, server hardware, operating systems and application systems in a WAN environment; provides technical consultation and training to users and information technology staff. Provides Troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving LAN and client server data and communications problems involving complex configuration and maintenance of network equipment that requires varied network operating systems and communication protocols.
- Work is of a diversified nature that usually involves multiple unrelated steps. Analytical thought is necessary for dealing with complex data and situations and requires planning or carrying out a sequence of actions.
- This position is subject to being placed in stand-by or call back status to support the 24/7 HS-EBIT services.
Design and implement high-functioning systems involving complex technical network and server infrastructures with appropriate security and availability concerns considered.
Provide continuing maintenance to address and solve failures to increase availability of systems for users while maintaining and improving the reliability and security of IT services.
- Moderate levels of experience in supporting Microsoft Windows Server Operating Systems, Microsoft Windows 7 and Windows 10 Enterprise and applications are highly desired.
- Moderate understanding of LAN and WAN networks, DNS, DHCP, AD, Firewalls, and NTFS permissions.
- Help Desk and Customer Support Experience, Ability to Multi-Task and Manage Multiple Systems, Work well independently and with team members
Knowledge and ability to utilize the current version of the following products:
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Cisco Switch IOS
5 years of related technical experience
B.S. degree or equivalent experience in applicable field
Physical requirements (lifting, repetitive motion, etc):
Normal office work environment when working at desk. This position is mobile as well and does require moving up to 35 lbs for computer related equipment. May require getting on the floor, under or behind desks
Attire for position: